Cory in Concert - Volume IV - "Bonus" Track?

Discussion in ' User Reviews' started by John Brooks, Mar 18, 2014.

1. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Has anyone else found the hidden "bonus" track. It follows the last track on the CD (Piano Concerto), if you listen to nothing for about a minute you get a "reprise" of the final section of Climb Every Mountain, without the vocal but with a soaring Soprano ending!! I have to believe that, rather than an intentional bonus, this is totally in error. Agree or disagree?
  2. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

John, I'd imagine that this was intentional, I will confirm shortly, but this is what Cory ended their brass in concert program with last November.
  3. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

Thats exactly how they ended BIC. If youve seen the DVD then it will make perfect sense!
  4. John Brooks

I hear you but I wasn't at BIC and have not seen the DVD so an unidentified item at the end of a CD, following over a minute of silence from the end of the preceding piece, doesn't make perfect sense (and I'm pretty sure they didn't stand in absolute silence for over a minute at BIC). Why not list it?; Why the long period of silence?; As a marketing ploy it just doesn't work for me. I'm simply puzzled by the strategy if it is intentional.
  5. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

Maybe they should have put some canned applause over the 'silence'? I remember from the old Polysteel days with Phil Harper that he was always keen on an encore so perhaps thats still the case. Some of those CDs have encores on it but i think they were always listed in some format.
  6. weenie

weenie Member

It is indeed intentional John, it's up to the listener to find it. Just a bit of fun, no harm done. Hope you enjoyed the rest of the disc.

All the best, Steve.
  7. John Brooks

No question about enjoying the disc, in my opinion it's excellent. I'll hold my opinion about bonus tracks though; the concept (even in fun, which I acknowledge) simply escapes me. Best regards. John
  8. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

It might seem like a 'bit of fun' to include a 'bonus track' on the end of a cd but these things can and do have serious consequences. My cousin veered off the M11 when the Scissor Sisters cd he had been listening to suddenly 'came to life' and a 'bonus track' started blaring out. The car was a write off and he sustained serious injuries requiring a period of hospitalization. I just hope a similar tragedy (or worse) is not caused by Cory and Mr Harper.
  9. weenie

weenie Member

Very good HG!
  10. DRW

DRW New Member

I agree. If it's fun to have a track with no indexed start point and a random length of silence before the music plays, why isn't there a market for REALLY FUN CDs where all tracks are like this. :)