Cory Concert

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by pienbeans, Jun 24, 2009.

1. pienbeans

pienbeans New Member

Just like to say what a pleasure it was to be present at the concert in St David's Hall on Saturday evening.

First class evening and lots of excellent playing from the band ....... a real band concert.

The trombone playing was in a different league, and Wycliffe Gordon wasn't half bad either ... ! :biggrin:

It was definitely worth the trip. I was there with my pal rosolino and he commented that the DVD, when it comes out, should be on the shopping list of Dyke and Grimey as a means of seeing how a top class band behaves and respects its audience! :tongue:

Thanks Dr Bob for a well planned evening and for some memorable playing.

rosolino is dead long live the king (of y's) :wink:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    St David's Hall
    Bob
    Wycliffe Gordon
    Cory Concert
    class evening
  3. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

You didn't see me there, did you?

I was lucky enough to have been at the masterclass that Wycliffe did at the RWCMD the day before.

Truly out of this world. He was nailing sop register stuff.

The Male Voice choir were good too, shame they didn't do Karl Jenkins' arrangement of Myfanwy though.

P.S. Roy Noble was hilarious.

4. Razor

Razor Member

Heard Francis was also there with you guys.

Quite an outing!

5. pienbeans

pienbeans New Member

Didn't get down until the Saturday morning .... would love to have heard the master class. Roy Noble was excellent ... liked the one about only 2 MP's at a time. Do you happen to know if Wycliffe left his suit for Dr Bob :eek:

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Whenever I've seen and heard Cory I've never failed to be impressed by their deportment and the rapport they build up with the audience. Couldn't get along on Saturday, but friends from Swansea were very impressed - will certainly look forward to the DVD ;)

7. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

You might have seen me, I was selling programmes!