Cory capture Sykes

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by PPP, Apr 20, 2007.

1. PPP

PPP Member

Tuba virtuoso teams up with Welsh champion for European.
    Tuba virtuoso Steve Sykes recently enjoyed a weekend of recording with Cory Band so much that he will be making his contest debut with them at Symphony Hall in their bid to win the European Championships in a few weeks time.

Steve is no stranger to the Cory bandroom, and has conducted several of the band's concerts and numerous rehearsals in Bob Childs' absence over the past 18 months.

Great musician

"Steve is a great musician and he will bring a new dimension to the band. Whenever I've needed a conductor to help me out, Steve is always my first call"

Bob Childs said: "Steve is a great musician and he will bring a new dimension to the band. Whenever I've needed a conductor to help me out, Steve is always my first call."

Meanwhile Steve told 4BR: "It's great playing in a band again and what a great band this Cory are."

Austin Davies the long serving Eb Bass player himself said: "Steve is just awesome. We have a super team and Steve joins Oliver Browne, Fraser Bish and John Prosser for the Euros. The foundation of the Band is good."

Reunion

The last time Bob and Steve lined up in the same band on a European quest was in the very first European way back in 1978 when they both played with Grimethorpe under the baton of Stanley Boddington. They will be hoping to go one better this time however as then they came second.

Original source: http://www.4barsrest.com/news/detail.asp?id=5475

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Steve Sykes
    Cory capture Sykes
    Cory Band
    Tuba
    European.