Coronation street theme? were to get it?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by lilcornetgirl, May 27, 2008.

1. lilcornetgirl

lilcornetgirl Member

I no its stupid but a few people want me to play it at college and i dunno who its by when it was done or anything!

Tried googling but theres nothing just ken barlow trying to play it!

please help me xxx

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anything
    googling
    Coronation street theme
    college
    people
  3. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

The theme was written by Eric Spears, he was offered either £50 up front for it, or so much money per episode, he took the £50 because he thought that it would only run for the 8 episodes it was originally scheduled for.

Massive Doh! :eek:

Google "Coronation Street midi" and open with Sibelius if you want to see the dots, or any TV Themes song book worth it's salt should have it in there if it's just the melody you need.

4. lilcornetgirl

lilcornetgirl Member

Thanks lol i found it! =] =] =] gonna make everyone laugh on the first day back lol in my last weeks of college ill play it and everyone has been asking for 2 yrs lol at last i can say yeah! lol xxx

5. markyboy

markyboy Member

Hi. Derek Broadbent arranged this as a ten piece and Marple played it at a dinner a few years ago that had all the ' Corry ' stars there .

Longest piece I have ever played ! We just kept repeating it as thay all came in and took their places . Something like 45 mins , non stop .

Anyway contact Marple , they might be able to help .

Cheers Mark

6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

There is a published arrangement of this (its awful BTW ;)). I've played it and I'm pretty sure we have it buried (not nearly deep enough) in Wigston's library*.

I'm not at band this week but I'll have a look for it next Tuesday and post here arranger etc but I'm not sure if its still in print (hopefully not).

* Yes it's true - we get to play some real quality arrangements!!!