Cornwall Symphonic Brass Concert

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by boagy, Aug 30, 2008.

1. boagy

boagy Member

CSB06.jpg

The Cornwall Symphonic Brass is a new and exciting brass group in the County. The ensembles membership is taken from the best sixteen orchestral brass players and percussionists from across the county. This is a very exciting and unique musical development in Cornwall. It is our goal that this ensemble will soon be held in high regard throughout Cornwall and further a field for musical excellence and entertainment.

The concert will be held in Truro Methodist Church, Cornwall on 25th September 2008 and start at 19:30.

The programme will have the British Premiere of an arrangement of Four Dances from 'Estancia' by Ginastera and three further first performances of music arranged especially for the concert, Birdland, Elegy and Shindig. The concert will end with a performance of Saint-Saens' Organ Symphony 'Finale', with Organ, a stirring end to the programme.

Half of the proceeds from this concert will go towards the Organ Restoration Fund. So please come along and support this worthy cause.

Tickets will be available from the Hall for Cornwall, Truro, Box Office or on the door on the night. You can PM me to book your ticket in advance for collection on the night.

2. jim

jim Member

Well done Graham all the best with the Symphonic Brass

3. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

Thanks for the invite for the event on facebook! il try any get there! sounds really good concert! Well done Graham!

4. onedrummeruk

onedrummeruk Member

Csb

Had a briliant night Graham, this is definately something special, and i'm glad i dusted off my sticks for this, can't wait for the next gig.

Mark

5. jim

jim Member

I sore your line up of players Graham, although theres a feiw I don't know, there were some very good names playing that I sore in the pic, keep up the good work.

James

6. boagy

boagy Member

Cheers James, it was a good concert and I was happy with the playing, they are a good bunch. I am looking forward to doing the next one in March. Started working on some of the music already.

Graham

7. boagy

boagy Member

Concert success for CSB

Thursday the 25th September saw the first performance of the newly formed Cornwall Symphonic Brass with a concert given in Truro Methodist Church, Cornwall, England. The music performed was varied and provided the audience with an entertaining and enjoyable evening. One member of the audience said ‘I was so glad I came to the inaugural concert of Cornwall Symphonic Brass last Thursday. It was full of such lively and interesting pieces’ another said the he ‘did not know what to expect but was surprised with the quality of music and the playing’

The ensembles Musical Director, Graham Boag commented ‘I was very pleased with tonight’s performance and I would like to thank all the players for their time over the past couple of months. I would also like to thank Philip Hunt (BBC Radio ‘Sounds of Brass’) and Philip Davey (Organ) for helping make tonight’s concert a success. Looking to the future I think the ensemble will quickly have an excellent reputation for its music making and entertainment’.

Despite the excellent concert, preparations did not go without a hitch. One of the ensembles trumpet players, Robin, fell whilst out walking along the costal path on the Sunday before and broke one wrist and smashed the opposite elbow which needed to be operated on. Luckily a replacement trumpet player was found in time for the Wednesday night rehearsal. Robin is now at home recovering from his spell in Hospital.

The ensemble have already had enquiries about playing at other venues in Cornwall and should anyone be interested in booking the group you can contact Graham at grahamboag20816@aol.com