Cornets - Belgium Tour - 20th to 28th August

Discussion in 'Deputies Wanted' started by tubafran, Jul 27, 2011.

1. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Dronfield Band are touring Belgium on the 20th to 28th August 2011.

We leave South Yorkshire at midnight on the 19th August to travel via South Mimms Services (picking up some southern friends) 3am pickup and on to Dover, then to Brussels.

We are staying in the 4star Thon Brussels hotel, 15 mins from the Grande Place and during the week we will be playing in Bruges, Leuven, The Atomium, Place d'Agora Brussels, Stella brewery trip, Maastricht and the conclusion will be taking part in the Last Post Ceremony at the Menin Gate, Ypres. We return overnight on Sat 27th back to South Yorkshire on the Sunday 28th.

We are a recently promoted 3rd section band with a handfull of Championship section players filling empty seats for the tour.

We could do with at least 2 more cornets to complete the full band (front and back row) - a reasonable sight reading standard will be required as we doubt there will be many rehearsals for the tour band before we go. Non-playing guests are more than welcome as we have a large coach with plenty of seats available.

I have negoitiated extremely good rates on our hotel and coach cost - if you are interested and would like to spend a week with a friendly band, the occasional drink (well it is Belgium) please pm or call me 0791 701 4506.

2. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I may be able to get to Leuven on the 22nd. When will you play in Bruges?

3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Hi Jan our venues and times are

Sunday 21st Grote Markt, Bruges 1pm to 3pm
    Monday 22nd Place d'Agora, Brussels 2pm to 5pm
    Tuesday 23rd Grote Markt infront of the Stadhuis 12 to 2pm - followed by Stella Brewery
    Thursday 25th Maastricht
    Friday 26th Outside The Atomium 2pm to 4pm followed by visit in The Atomium
    Saturday 27th The Last Post Ceremony, The Menin Gate, Ypres 7pm

Hope those dates help - we'll be the brass band in the big square - will you wear a rose?;)

4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Jan - apologies for putting the wrong dates on the previous thread about Belgium but those dates above are correct now.

5. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

If I make it to Bruges, I will be the non-Asian guy with a photocamera :)
    Leuven would be the easiest to get to for me, but the day after, I'm leaving on holidays myself. So it will depend on how much packing I will have left to do ;)