Cornet & Trumpet Mouthpieces

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by CornishMaid, Nov 7, 2015.

1. CornishMaid

CornishMaid New Member

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a cornet mouthpiece that is similar to the Yamaha 11B4 Trumpet mouth piece?

My cornet came with a Denis Wick 4B but I prefer the size and shape of the Yamaha. Having something similar will also make switching between the two easier. I have found a long shank version of the 11B4 but I am unsure if it would be suitable?

Thanks for your help.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hi Guys
    Yamaha
    11B4 Trumpet
    Denis Wick 4B
    11B4
  3. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

What kind of cornet and what do you want to use it for?

4. CornishMaid

CornishMaid New Member

Hello, thanks for your reply. I have a Besson Sovereign

5. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Probably wouldn't work too well with a sovereign - could always try, though.

Yamaha does a few mouthpieces more likely to suit your cornet - short shanked pieces with deep cups.
    The 11E4 isn't too far away (there are usually a few in eBay and they rarely go for much), rim feel will be a tiny bit different but in the same (11) size.
    Think they're supplied with Yamaha's student cornets (or used to be) so there are plenty out there - sadly I don't have one or you'd have been welcome to it.

6. CornishMaid

CornishMaid New Member

Thank you for your help. I will have a look online tomorrow. I also realised that I only answered half of your question. I will be using it to play in a brass band. Thanks again :)