Cornet & Trumpet Mouthpieces

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by CornishMaid, Nov 7, 2015.

1. CornishMaid

CornishMaid New Member

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a cornet mouthpiece that is similar to the Yamaha 11B4 Trumpet mouth piece?

My cornet came with a Denis Wick 4B but I prefer the size and shape of the Yamaha. Having something similar will also make switching between the two easier. I have found a long shank version of the 11B4 but I am unsure if it would be suitable?

Thanks for your help.
  2. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

What kind of cornet and what do you want to use it for?
  3. CornishMaid

CornishMaid New Member

Hello, thanks for your reply. I have a Besson Sovereign
  4. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Probably wouldn't work too well with a sovereign - could always try, though.

Yamaha does a few mouthpieces more likely to suit your cornet - short shanked pieces with deep cups.
    The 11E4 isn't too far away (there are usually a few in eBay and they rarely go for much), rim feel will be a tiny bit different but in the same (11) size.
    Think they're supplied with Yamaha's student cornets (or used to be) so there are plenty out there - sadly I don't have one or you'd have been welcome to it.
  5. CornishMaid

CornishMaid New Member

Thank you for your help. I will have a look online tomorrow. I also realised that I only answered half of your question. I will be using it to play in a brass band. Thanks again :)