Cornet Teachers in the South West

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Liz Courts, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Can anyone recommend any good cornet teachers that teach throughout the summer in Cornwall (preferably around the Truro and Camborne areas), and any around East Devon that teach during the term time?

I’ve only had a year's worth of "proper" lessons in 11 years of playing, and have just had a brace taken off, so I think now might be a good time to have a few more!

Thanks in advance!
  2. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Alan Pope teaches at Trevada?
  3. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Well, he doesn't actually teach at Trevada anymore! But I'm sure he's still teaching somewhere in Camborne! I'll look into that one!
  4. sugarandspice

really? See, you go away for a year and everything changes!!

Does stuart chappel teach?
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

6. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

Alan pope des still teach. He teaches me!
  7. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Is that the same Mr Pope that takes Camborne Juniors?

If it is, can you please get contact details for me.
    I was in the Army with him.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  8. sugarandspice

Pm me!
  9. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Thank you! That's provided a few options for Devon anyway. Looks like there's someone in Plymouth that teaches brass and piano, which would be very useful, as I'm looking for a piano teacher in Devon too!

And yes, I'm still looking. Just want to see the options before "committing" myself really!

10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Steve Williams (used to wag Soundhouse a few years back when it was Crownhill RBL) teaches brass and I THINK beginners piano....... I don't have any contact details for him anymore I don't think, but I can defo recommend him as a teacher cos he got me through my grade 8 saxophone and music theory back in 2002...

Try the phone book.... or plymouth music shop may have his details.