Cornet teachers around Sheffield

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Jonesy, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Member

Would be grateful if someone could give me some contacts for quality teachers. I'm going to see Richard Marshall in November but due to a change in his circumstances he can't commit to anything on a regular basis. I'm willing to travel (though not a silly distance!) for the right person. Cheers.
  2. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Doesn't Graham O'Connor live in the Sheffield area? (I may be wrong) If he can do for you what he's done for my band' you're on to a winner.
  3. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Yes he does. And he is a great tutor if he has the time. If you want to PM me with more details I can ask Graham if he is willing to take anyone else on. He conducts our band so I see him regularly.
  4. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

I thought I was right, which means you must play for Hatfield. All the best on Saturday on band plays straight after you I am told!! PLEASE NOTE did not mention drawn numbers! How did your cd recording go?

Being nosy I see from your profile that you are an EWO, I am an upper primary school teacher enjoying half term, hope you are enjoying the break also.

5. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Graham O'Connor is taking us to The Scottish Open. Had a weekend rehearsing with him and thought he was excellent. Really liked his style and humour.
  6. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Thanks, although had one or two problems this week. It has been quite stressful and as I am also the secretary, it's times like this I wonder why I put myself through it???? Most bands go through difficult times, especially leading up to a contest, but I've got to say, this is perhaps one of the worst weeks of my banding life!!!!!!!! :frown:

With regards to the half term break, unfortunately I don't get the school holidays off. Still have to work (unless I book some of my annual leave), plenty for me to do!

CD - well, this has been postponed for now!

Good luck to you and your band on Saturday. Hope you do well. :clap:
  7. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Michelle Ibbotson lives I think in Rotherham and is a great teacher and player.

Good luck
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2005
  8. Aidan Geary

Aidan Geary New Member

I'm sure if you give PJS Music in Dodworth a call on 01226 200102 (I think!) - Phil Shaw will have all the decent contacts for you.