Cornet playing sheet metal workers required in Waitakere Brass, New Zealand

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Kerwintootle, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

We're looking for any sheet metal workers who can also play a cornet to join one of New Zealand's premier brass bands.

The president of our band, Peter Johns, has his own sheet metal works and is requiring skilled workers to join him. We also require a couple of cornet players to complete our line up.

The Trusts Waitakere Brass have an excellent concert series, including themes such as 'Jazz Mania', Movie Brass, Celtic Brass etc. We will be recording a CD later in the year and the big incentive for the band at the moment is a tour of the UK in November 2006 where we hope to compete at the Scottish Open and Brass in Concert Championships and be involved in several high profile concerts.

Auckland is a diverse place to live and is a real 'outdoors' place. There are so many opportunities for fishing, walking, surfing, sailing, swimming etc. The weather doesn't get colder than about 10 degrees celsius and I've seen it as hot as 40 degrees C ! The people are friendly and we are a social bunch at Waitakere.

The band is conducted by Simon Kerwin, who has had vast experience in premier bands and he also very importantly knows what it is like to emigrate (this is our third major move). The band's solo euph is ex-Grimey and ex-Fairey player, Ken Cant, I'm on principal cornet. By the way Ken has a great outdoor spa pool which is often used at Ken's many bbq's.

We can come to some arrangement for airfares.

All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence, please apply by pm to me or by email to alexandrakerwin@xtra.co.nz

If you require any more information please again contact me using the above details.

Thanks for now,

Alexandra Kerwin

2. Bones

Bones Member

What an offer. PLease give me a call when you need some trombone playing IT Managers. Until then I'll continue practising my sheet metal work.

3. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Yeah or baritone playing alcoholics.