Cornet Player- Yorkshire/North of England

Discussion in 'Deputies Available' started by The Cornet King, Mar 22, 2004.

1. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Cornet Player- West Yorkshire. Can travel

About time i posted this i think!

Intrument: Cornet

Conductor/Compere:

Location/Region: West Yorkshire. (Huddersfield) Will travel though.

Grade: 8+

Name: Chris Hoyle

Contact Details: cj1uk2001@hotmail.com
    Mobile No 07905 846008
    Or Just PM me on here.

Instrument(s) played: Cornet

Section of Band you are comfortable to deputise for: Any.

How much notice do you require: The more the better but just try me and see if i'm free

Name of your present Band: Marsden Silver (Riverhead Brewery) Band

Position played within present Band: Repiano Cornet

What section is your present Band in:1st (Championship 2007)

Would you require transport: No, i drive.

Do you require expenses: Petrol money if i have to travel a fair way. Otherwise just a pint or two would be grand!

Any additional comments/Information:
    Always happy to dep for concerts and be borrowed for contests (when and where the rules allow).

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  2. The Cornet King

Just thought i'd post to say i have updated all of my details.

As from about 11/12th June i'll be leaving Hull University and returning home to Huddersfield for good, so the details above reflect all the changes. :p

I don't have the internet at home (yet) so i have to pop down the library to get online. From 11th/12th June it would be easier just to call/text me to get in touch, otherwise i may not get e mails/PM's for a while.

Look forward to meeting new tMP'ers if/when required. :p

;)

Last edited: May 30, 2005
  3. samandy

samandy Member

Cornet Vacancy

Hi Chris

I just thought I'd contact you to welcome you back to sunny yorkshire! Elland Silver Band currently have a front row cornet vacancy (2nd section) and have quite a number of engangements on over the summer where we will need a dep. The first being Saturday 18th June at the Yorkshire Mining Museum. Any chance you might be able to help?

We rehearse Weds and Friday evenings from 7.45 - 9.45. The programme for this concert is "Stage and Screen" first half and "Proms" second half. We have some great concert items on including a cornet feature "Mexican Holiday" and are finishing the fist half with 3 movements from Peter Graham's "Cry of the Celts".

Give me a ring on 07940 525837 if you are interested. Thanks

4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Of course you know there's always a seat for you here at Emley, we'd love to have you join us full time and help push us up the sections.

You know you want to. :biggrin:

Cheers Chris

'AVE IT.

5. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

May I add that Chris also doubles as an excellent toastmaster and raffle man!!!

Rach x

6. The Cornet King

Now that summer is here, just thought id update my details a bit (as above). If anyone is short over summer for a cornet player at any job or rehearsal, any section, just ask and see if im free.
    I'm around all summer.

Cheers