Cornet player (Wolverhampton area) needs a band to join.

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by blinddogjohn, Apr 6, 2006.

1. blinddogjohn

blinddogjohn New Member

I,m an ex trumpet player, ARCM ex head of music, teacher of all brass instruments I have just started to play cornet seriously again and I'm looking for a brass band in the wolverhampton/Black country area to join. The only problem I have is I am registered as blind.

I can still read music but it must be greatly enlarged for me to see it well enough to play it. The RNIB have enlarged music for me.

Anyone have any suggestions or possibly a chair vacant that you think I may be able to fill? I am willing to travel I do use a guide dog for mobility.

Please let me know.

2. Steve

Steve Active Member

WOW!!! thats awesome. I hope you find something John :tup

ps. I have moved your post to the recruitment area as it will be of more use there.
  3. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Try Wolverhampton brass their conductor is on here - friendly band to play for or there is Black country brass, I've been depping for them the last couple of years and they are great people. Langley is close by champ sect and Phoenix WM (2nd Sect). Good luck.
  4. blinddogjohn

blinddogjohn New Member

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any contact numbers for the bands you mention?

Thanks for your help.
  5. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I'll pm you with them.
  6. thelawyer

thelawyer New Member

Sovereign Brass may have a position for you. We rehearse in Smethwick. Midlands Champions 2005 (Championship Section) and we have the Grand Shield on 13 May and English Nationals on July 1st together with various concerts coming up.

If this is of any interest to you, PM me and i can give you further details.

7. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

Hi John, good to hear your in the business of banding once more!
    I play for Jackfield Elcock Reisen Band in Telford, so only 20 minutes from Wolvo. We are currently in the Top section in the Midlands. We do 5 or 6 contests a year and lots of various types of concerts for many charities and organisations across the West Midlands and Shropshire.
    You are more than welcome to come and meet the band and get to know what we're all about!
    We rehearse on a Tuesday and Friday night.
    Best of luck on finding your ideal band and remember before you make any decision... Check us out!!!
    Soprano Cornet
    Jackfield Elcock Reisen Band