Cornet Player seeks Band- West Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by flugelman, Feb 28, 2007.

1. flugelman

flugelman Member

I recently decided to leave my current band in March because due to child care commitments I'm not able to attend every rehearsal and I feel I miss out on lots of valuable practice time. As my wife works mon and tues evenings I'm on babysitting duty and thus I miss 1 rehearsal every week.

I'm based in Castleford in West Yorkshire and am looking for a band whose rehearsals I can attend. I'm preferably looking for a band from section 2 upwards and preferably a seat on the back row.

My previous bands include Yorkshire Imps and Kippax. I'm playing repiano currently but have been known to turn my hand to flugel and all positions on the back row.

Please PM me any replies.

Thanks

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    West Yorkshire
    Band- West Yorkshire
    Cornet Player
    Castleford
    Yorkshire Imps
  3. Billy Bassoon

Billy Bassoon New Member

Always wanting more cornets

I am the manager for the West Yorks Police Band. You may want to give us a try. We rehearse on Mondays and Thursdays but are aware of childcare and work commitments. As such if players can only commit to one rehearsal a week that's fine with us.

We are primarily a concert band and only do the area finals contest wise. 2nd section this year.

We pay reasonable expenses to players.

Should you wish to give us a try then contact me on 01422 - 318066 work or 01706 - 816876.

We are not all police officers, there are only 3 serving coppers in the band. The rest are made up of some civilian police staf and the majority have nothing to do with the police other than they play in the band.

If you are interested please give me a call

keith Williams

4. andyfake

andyfake Member

I'm sure we can still accommodate you on turd cornet if you want to go to Harrogate. Bring Arran - he's probably as tuneful as you ;)

p.s. nice one today - made my job very easy knowing I had a top back line at the side of me!!!

5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Right on Andy.
    I gave him a good talking to today - I'm sure, in his heart (and he HAS got one !) will guide him to the right decision.
    If not I shall personally remove his sphericals, slowly !!
    I know family comes first, but band is a good 2nd family !
    - Wilky

6. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

come on dave which other band would put up with your lime green undies?
    push the turtle back in and get down to some serious training.
    retired runner and role model for enthusiastic brassos, Mr B

7. andyfake

andyfake Member

I did try to "tap up" a young lady for your seat today, but her pants weren't as impressive as yours!

8. flugelman

flugelman Member

Thanks for the messages boys.

As you all know I dont want to leave but circumstances meant that my resignation had to go in. Things might change though?!?

Sorry Mods if I'm going off on one.