Cornet player seeking band in Manchester area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Majoresteve, May 20, 2006.

1. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

Hey all,

Im off to Uni this year... so im looking for a band to play with when i get there!
    Im going to be studying at Salford.(Not studying Music)

I currently play for a good 2nd section band (Soundhouse Brass if your interested), would prefer a high section band but all considered!

Anyway hope that all makes sense.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Cornet
    Manchester
    Salford.
    Im
    Uni
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Hey mate...
    I know all this isn't as good as Soundhouse.... but, there's a band in Eccles... Eccles Borough Band :lol: funnily enough, who would welcome you with open arms.... currently 3rd section... At present they have top man seat available...

Plenty of bands round here as I'm sure you're aware....
    Flixton for one, although I'm not sure what vacancies are like....
    4th section Blackely....
    Sale Band, also 4th section, are about 10min away and could *possibly* get you transport sorted....

and many many many bands around the Manchester area.... I'm sure there's a list on ibew or something ;)

Remember this *prepares for the bleeper*.... **** band good position, good band **** position..... depends what you're after ;)

Happy Hunting and see you round in Manchester from September!

4. sopranoplayer

sopranoplayer Member

Blackburn & Darwen are currently looking for cornet players to strengthen their ranks...website is www.blackburnanddarwenband.co.uk take a look we are a very friendly bunch.

5. matti_raz

matti_raz Member

Hoover (Bolton) Band (1st Section 2007!!!!!!!) ;) Would love a cornet player :)

6. George Laycock

George Laycock New Member

Wire Brass Warrington currently 1st section but Championship from January 2007 are looking for a couple of cornet players. They can be contacted viwa the website at www.wirebrass.co.uk

Good luck in your search.

7. brass stick

brass stick Member

Sale are definitely up for a good front row / principle position.
    And Naomi is correct, transport can be arranged within reason.

Steve

8. madsaz

madsaz Member

We look likely to have a vacancy on the back row at Ashton Band. First Section, with the added bonus of playing at the British Open in September - trouble is that is early in September & I'm guessing you wont be up till then, so would probably be too late...

I think, if you mooch round the website of all the local bands you'll have no trouble in finding the kind of vacancy you want. Our is www.ashtonband.co.uk and there are loads more links in the link section on here to look at.....

9. kenbo

kenbo New Member

did you get sorted with a band? eccles are always looking for cornets and have just won first prize at Wilkinsons St Helens in 3rd section