Cornet Player needs a new home!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by MissRepiano, Dec 1, 2009.

1. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Hi all, it's been a while since i've been on here but i'm hoping you can help!

I've recently moved house and am missing my cornet playing so am wondering how many bands there are in the Teignmouth area that I could consider joining after Christmas.

Thankyou in advance! :)

2. Geraint_MD

Geraint_MD New Member

Hi I am the musical director of the Thornbury Castle Band just North Bristol.

We welcome Any Players who wanna come and join Our Band.

We are a 4th section band with very high standards and it is a very exciting time at the moment.

our website: www.thornburycastleband.webs.com

Thanks

Geraint

3. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Why don`t you move house again and come to sunny Dorset!

From memory you have Torbay and Totness which are not too far from Teignmouth. Both are friendly and welcoming Bands. Soundhouse is a little further. Oh and isn`t there a new band Storm Brass which is only about 4 miles from you? (Newton Abbott I think?)

4. Castiger

Castiger New Member

Totnes band are currently National 4th Section who have been rebuilding steadily over past 2/3years. Now have a good group of quality, consistent players who qualified for Harrogate last year and have had some good results at local contests. Looking to push on now towards 3rd section.
    Rehearsals at St John's Church, Totnes - Mon & Thurs 8-10pm (about 30 mins drive from Teignmouth via Newton Abbot).

Further details and contact details available on website www.totnesband.co.uk

5. Hi

Have been trying to contact you! Have sent several PM could you please ring me on 01803329320 or 07901647927

Thanks

David Wilkinson

6. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Thankyou people for your suggestions, it took me a while to get round to coming back on here!

Sorry I did not get your messages David, but I think I may join the new STORM brass (if they'll have me!) as it's not far down the road!