Cornet player moving to Worcester

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by katherine, Feb 19, 2007.

1. katherine

katherine New Member

Due to work I will be moving to the Worcester area as of 1st April 07 for 6 months (minimum).

I'm currently playing 3rd cornet with the lovely EYMS band in Hull (and will be sorry to leave) but will be looking for an equally sociable band in the Midlands area should anyone know of any cornet seats going free?

2. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

You could try Stourport Band, based in the nearby town of the same name, which is about 20 mins drive from Worcester. Currently 1st section, I think they may have a cornet vacancy.
  3. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

West Mercia 2nd section are looking for cornet and would welcome you. They practice in Worcester and pay expenses for jobs and rehearsals. I'm sure gingermaestro on here will give you more details. They practice on a Monday.
  4. Lotta

Lotta Member

You're always welcome to come to Phoenix (2nd section) for a blow. Lifts can be arranged if needed.

PM me if you would like anymore info

5. StevePJ

StevePJ Member

Hi Katherine

If you want to play with a hard working dedicated group of musicians visit West Mercia Constabulary Band - 2nd section. They rehearse Mondays 7.30-10.00 at Police HQ Hindlip just outiside Worcester. Expenses paid for rehearsals and concerts. No rehearsals or park jobs in August and only good quality engagements undertaken during the rest of the year.

Give me call if you want to chat about coming along.

Steve Pritchard-Jones
    Musical Director
    Tel: 07834 855 064
  6. Horntastic

Horntastic New Member

Hi Katherine,

You are very welcome to come over to Coventry for a blow with us at Jaguar. We will have a back row vacancy after the Area contest.
    We are about 30 mins drive from Worcester.

Darren Lea
  7. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Hi Katherine

As "drummerboy" mentioned in his post (his brother Dave Morgan is our MD)....We would pleased to have you come along and "try us for size" at Stourport!

We are 1st Section and can probably look at suitable positions in the cornets for you.

Stourport is about 20 mins drive from Worcester and several of us do drive from the Worcester area to band so transport shouldn't be a problem

Have a look at our website and pm me should you want to come along.

8. Pierre

Pierre Member

boo hoo Kat sad to see you`re going back darn sarf:(
  9. thelawyer

thelawyer New Member

Sovereign Brass will have a back row vacancy after the Area too. We have at least 3 players already travelling from Worcester as our rehearsal room is off jct 1 of the M5. We have the Grand Shield in May if you're interested.

PM me if you want to come for a blow as we are usually a cornet light on Wednesday's.

10. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Hi There

As both StevePJ and imthemaddude have said The West Mercia police band have vacancies on the cornet section.

We are a friendly hard working bunch we practice just off jct 6 M5 in Hindlip Police HQ.

If you ae interested give Steve a call on 07834 855 064 or check out our Website at for more details

Good Luck
  11. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

And also Langley - J2 (got it right this time :) )of M5. We have a member travelling up form Worcester. 6 months, you could do the concerts up to summer, potential recording in May, plus whit friday marches & the Bugle contest (holidaying in Newquay we are!) both in June
  12. katherine

katherine New Member

Hi all,

Just to say thanks very much for the flurry of responses. Unfortunately, I've just found out there is a slight chance ie 5% (!) that I may not be moving to Worcester, so I'll wait until I've had it confirmed before contacting you all directly if that's ok.

Thanks again, speak soon.