Cornet player moving to Solihull

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by katherine, Feb 2, 2008.

1. katherine

katherine New Member

Hi all,

I'll be moving to Solihull as of 1st April and will be looking for a friendly band to keep me out of trouble.

Currently playing on the front row for Silk Brass (Macclesfield) (1st Section).

So if you know of any cornet vacancies going in and around the area, I'd be really grateful if you could drop me a line.

Kat (Morley)
  2. 4thmandown

4thmandown Member

Hi Katherine,

Shirley Band are based in the borough of Solihull and I personally would love another cornet player to join our front row. Ever since I logged on as 4thmandown I've been 2nd man down! We're a hard-working bunch who enjoy playing music to a high standard, but within a friendly and sociable atmosphere. We're currently graded towards the top end of 1st Section in the Midlands Region.

We practice at Light Hall School in Shirley, which is located on Hathaway Road, just off the A34 Stratford Road. The rehearsal nights at the moment are a bit changeable as our conductor for the Areas, Alwyn Green, plays trombone for the CBSO and we have to fit in around the nights he can make. After the Areas I think things will settle down to a regular pattern again.

All the best with your move to Solihull and hope to hear from you.

3. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Hi Kat

I have PM'ed you already but just in case you don't see it.

You are always welcome back at West Mercia. We have a very busy time of it this year with the areas and some quite prestigious concerts also a CD recording in June. So it would be great to see you back in the band room.

If you are interested contact me on 07976205891 or 01684273011 Dai on or Steve P J on
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Hello Kat

It's a bit of a long shot, as The Shirley Band are very close to you and appears you know the West mercia Police Band over this side of Birmingham.

But, we also have vacancies on cornet in various positions at Stourport-on-Severn Brass band. We rehearse at Arely Kings Old School on Tuesdays and Thursdays....2nd Section Midlands Region.

PM me on here if you think you would like to come along and see us

5. katherine

katherine New Member

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your message, yes I'd love to pop down to meet the band if possible? I won't actually be moving to Solihull until the start of April so if you could send me a contact number for the band via a PM I'll be touch once I move if that's ok.

Good luck with areas - I'll keep an eye out to see how you get on!