Cornet Player Moving to Lincs.

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by brassed_off, Nov 17, 2009.

1. brassed_off

brassed_off Member

I am a cornet player moving to Coningsby over Christmas. I've been playing for 17 years and have been principal cornet to a band in the 2nd and 3rd section. Moving to Coningsby to join my fiance in the RAF. Looking for a band. Like contests but also having fun.

2. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

Hey there Hannah, if you fancy a blow why not come along to Foss Dyke?

we're based right next to RAF Waddington (near the village hall on the outside of the base) and rehearse on Thursday and Sunday nights - if you're interested then you're more than welcome to PM me for more details :)
  3. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

The Lincs Fire and Rescue Service Band are a good band and would love to hear from you.
  4. flash harry

flash harry Member

We (Thoresby Colliery Band) currently have vacancies for cornet players. We rehearse in Edwinstowe every Tuesday and Thursday night (7.45 pm to 9.45 pm).

Our forthcoming contests include Butlins (January - which is always a cracking weekend), the Area (March) and the Grand Shield (May).

If you are interested in coming along for a blow, send me a pm.

5. euphalogy

euphalogy Member

If you contact Warrant Officer Pete Wood(a mean cornet player) at RAF Coningsby he will be able to give you the low down on whos who, and wheres where.