Cornet player moved to Lancashire - looking for a band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by purpleprincess, Aug 25, 2009.

1. purpleprincess

purpleprincess New Member

Hey,

I've just moved to Lancashire and I'm looking for a band to play in.

comfortable in most levels, higher chair in lower sections and lower chair in high sections.
    can also play sop in lower sections.

thanks

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Lancashire
    lower chair
    lower sections
    higher chair
    Cornet player
  3. Columbo

Columbo Member

whereabouts you moved to?

4. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Freckleton, just West of Preston, currently need a front row and soon a 2nd cornet. We're 1st section national, top local, and have a good but not too busy concert schedule and pay travel expenses.

pm if interested, we're a friendly bunch!

5. paulspud

paulspud Member

6. Eb_Alex

Eb_Alex Member

Blackley Band, (4th Section Nationally, 3rd Section Locally) are looking for a Rep player, we have a busy concert and contest schedule ahead. We are based in Manchester just off the M60, on Victoria Avenue.

Please PM me or email blackleyband@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested in coming along for a blow, we rehearse Mondays and Thursdays.

7. hornydevil

hornydevil Member

Blackburn & Darwen Band are in need of a couple of cornet players as ours are off to uni. We will be Championship section in 2010 after a really successful 2009. We've just moved bandrooms and now have our own bar! We're a friendly bunch and if you could beat our MD at darts that would be brill! We rehearse Sundays & Wednesdays just off Junction 4 of the M65.

You are quite welcome to come for a blow and check us out! Message me or ring Rob on 07843570147

Check our website @ www.blackburnanddarwenband.co.uk

8. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Howdo.

Delph Band, in Saddleworth (Currently 2nd, 3rd in Jan) require cornets.
    There are vacancies on both front row and back row.
    Delph Band is a friendly band and have their own band club.
    Rehearsals are Wednesday and Friday 8-10 though they aren't rehearsing this Friday.

Pm me if interested.

9. Errol

Errol Supporting Member

Hi.

Coppull & Standish band (4th section nationally, 3rd section locally) are currently looking for a Principal cornet player, we rehearse Tuesdays and Thursdays 8.00 - 9.45 p.m. in our own Bandroom in Springfield Road, Coppull. If you are interested contact our secretary Teresa Trumble on 0776997312, or alternatively just turn up at the bandroom on a rehearsal night. If you need any more information about the band you can visit our website at www.cas-band.co.uk.

10. purpleprincess

Hi,

Sorry, should of stated where I moved near! (i'm new to all of this!) I've moved near accrington (i think that is the biggest town around!)

Thank you for all the messages so far!
    x

11. purpleprincess

And I probably should of said that I cant do wednesdays due to a commitment with a youth group.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Lancashire
    lower chair
    lower sections
    higher chair
    Cornet player
  13. paulspud

paulspud Member

HI ,

Just sent you a pm!

Regards

Paul

14. hebden bridge (yorkshire 1st section) are looking for a couple cornet players, not far from accrinton 30min drive ish,

15. Columbo

Columbo Member

Look Ric. If Whitworth is too far then Hebden Definitely is!! LOL!!

16. purpleprincess

hehe... well multimap says that you are about the same distance away, but hebden bridge is over the other side of the pennine's to me, and i dont think my car would manage that twice a week! hehe

17. Mrs Horn

Mrs Horn Member

Hi PP :)

How about 10 miles down the road, 15 mins in the car ?? Nelson Band (4th section) are just up the road from you - at least three of our players live in the Accrington area so you could even share the driving :wink:

Our main rehearsal is Monday night and you would be most welcome on our front row !!

PM or email me agnes6840@gmail.com

Cheers !!

Agnes
    Hon Sec