Cornet player looking for band.

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Dizzy, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Dizzy

Dizzy New Member

I'm looking for a band in or around the Glasgow area. If there are any bands looking for someone to fill a cornet seat in the New Year, please get in touch.

Thanks.

Dizzy.

2. smaca

smaca Active Member

Hi Dizzy,

Clackmannan District Brass don,t practice in Glasgow, but we have players that travel from there, so you would have transport to/from rehearsals. Check out our web-site(http://www.clackmannanbrass.co.uk/) and if you fancy coming along send me a message.

Cheers

3. cambers

cambers New Member

Hi Dizzy,

Boness & Carriden band also have a vacancy on the front row or back row, Check out the website for contacts www.carridenband.co.uk or contact me on 01324 483682
    thanks

4. sazo

sazo New Member

Hi Dizzy,

Barrhead Burgh is close to Glasgow - quite a few of our players come from Glasgow - West End especially, so transport not normally a problem, as well as only 12 mins on the train.

We've got vacancies for cornets at the moment - why not give me a call, come along for a blow and see what you think?

We practice twice weekly, Mondays and Thursdays 7.30 - 9.30pm

Sarah
    07803 265 463

5. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Barrhead (borrheid) are a great band, and a good bunch of folk too.

I would highly recommend giving them a try. Also they've just won the 2nd section scottish band of the year (again!)

You won't go far wrong there!!

Good luck

6. TheDoc

TheDoc New Member

Dizzy check your pm's