Cornet player looking for band

Discussion in 'Deputies Available' started by no2taz, Nov 29, 2006.

1. no2taz

no2taz Member

Im a cornet player from south wales and currently play for Newbriddge Band on the principal cornet seat. I will be away from home for the next 2 weeks so i am looking for a friendly band who will allow me to atend rehearsals whilst i am working away from home as i need to keep my lip in.

Will be taking my cornet with me but dont think that the hotell i am staying at will appreciate me practicing in my room, even with the silent brass mute in.

So if any bands in the Stockport area or near the Bradbury country club in Bradburry fancy providing a musical home for the next week or two please pm me or leave a message.

WEEK COMMENCING Monday 4th December

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Im
    Bradbury
    Bradburry
    Newbriddge Band
    Cornet player
  3. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

4. no2taz

no2taz Member

Thanks for that I know kevin Gibbs well, I used to be the principal cornet of Mid Rhondda under his father Alan and obviously Kevin used to conduct Newbridge Band if its only i5 mins away then if the band wil allow me that wioll be great I have emailed as you said so we will see. Thanks again

5. caramelbunny

caramelbunny Member

You're always welcome over with us hun :)
    Am a foreigner up North too.....they're particularly fond of the welsh accent now and even play the welsh hymn tunes to make me feel at home ;)

6. no2taz

no2taz Member

hey you hows tricks.

well that depends on how far rainford is from Bredbury in Stockport

7. caramelbunny

caramelbunny Member

No further than Cardiff to Newbridge I'm guessing....have checked it out and it looks ok :)
    Plus you get the added bonus of 'in-flight entertainment' from my wonderful company ;)

8. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

Bredbury Hall.........aaaah wicked place ........particularly on a Friday night ....at least it used to be back in the 80s. Stayed there a few times for sales functions;-)

9. no2taz

no2taz Member

Yea apparently it is a good place still on the weekend to go outand have a beer or two. they have referbished the old barn since then it looks good on the website never stayed there before but will see on monday like you it will be a 2 weeks worth of sales meetings

10. Fifi

Fifi Member

Lol i work about 2mins away from bredbury hall!! id laugh my head if you ended up walking into my office!! hahahahaha

11. leisa

leisa Active Member

sure hed get a fright as well chick hehe!!

id recommend goin to flixton they are a great bunch very friendly and degfinatly on the up as well!! soundin great since i left :oops: :oops:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Im
    Bradbury
    Bradburry
    Newbriddge Band
    Cornet player
  13. no2taz

no2taz Member

you never know. Its a smal world . I will be going to the SIgns And Lables Group In Bredburry.

Not far from allied bakeries.

14. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

I hope they spell better than that:) :clap:

15. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

If your in bredbury Denton are only a few minutes up the road and you would receive a warm welcome here.