Cornet player looking for band in Yorkshire.

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Matt Lawson, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

Hi all,

I'm looking for a back row seat at a Yorkshire band, and would prefer 2nd Section and above if possible.

My playing history starts in 2001 where I made my way up to Assistant Principal at Swinton and District Excelsior (3rd/4th Section - North of England).

I moved to Emley Brass Band on front row (4th/3rd/2nd Section - Yorkshire) for a few years whilst I studied at Huddersfield University.

I also had a brief seven month spell on 2nd Cornet at Yorkshire Co-Op (1st Section - Yorkshire).

I recently helped my first band (Swinton) out on 2nd Cornet at the North of England Championships but am now looking for the renewed challenge of playing towards the top of the brass banding spectrum. I would prefer a 2nd/3rd cornet seat if possible.

I am currently located in Malton (16 miles from York) and unfortunately do not drive, but I work in York and regularly visit my partner in the Doncaster area so bands in these areas could be viable. There is a strong possibility of relocating to the York/Doncaster area in the near future.

Even if I can't commit straight away due to travel problems - I would be interested in hearing from bands who know they'll have a vacancy later in the year.

Thanks everyone!