Cornet player looking for band in Hull area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by katherine, Aug 1, 2006.

1. katherine

katherine New Member

I will be moving to Hull in mid September and I will be looking for a band to join.

My previous band was Silk Brass (Macclesfield), where I played on the front row.

If anybody knows of any sociable bands in the area looking for a cornet player please can you let me know!

2. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

Cottingham band are looking for cornet players. They are Championship section and are looking to stregthen their cornet section. PM me and I'll forward you some phone numbers
  3. eymsbrassband

eymsbrassband Member

EYMS are looking for a back row cornet player.
    PM with contact on route.
  4. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

East Riding of Yorkshire Band , band room in Hull, require a Cornet Player, Pm me and I will be pleased to give you more information
  5. agentorange

agentorange Member

Not exactly in Hull area but only 45 mins down the M62 - Knottingley Silver Band's worth a try if you don't mind travelling a little bit.
    See for info or give me a call on 07789 516022
  6. P. Sanderson

P. Sanderson Member

Cottingham band are just down the road from the uni.
  7. Splitone

Splitone Member

So are the pudding band, and EYMS!
  8. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

East Riding of Yorkshire band, I thank you ;-)
  9. Splitone

Splitone Member

People know who I mean when the pudding band is mentioned.

You did!! :)
  10. robcornet

robcornet Member

Hi Catherine,

My wife and I both play for Cottingham Band and would be more then happy to offer a lift to and from the bandroom and gigs for anyone wishing to come along from the uni and east Hull area.

11. katherine

katherine New Member

Apologies and thanks

Hi all,

Thank you very much to all of you who have kindly responded and apologies for my lack of communication since my original post. I am currently (lucky enough) to be doing some travelling before I move to Hull, hence regular access to the internet is not always possible. But I will hopefully be back in the country at the start of September and will then be able to contact yourselves directly.

Thanks very much for the flurry of responses though - it is great to hear that there are so many bands in the area - I am already looking forward to meeting some new faces in September!