Cornet Player Looking for Band - Cheshire north west

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Trumpet Major, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Happy New Year to All

Female Ex- British Army solo cornet player looking for a vacancy in the north west area as I live in winsford, cheshire. (about 8 miles from Crewe)
    Former Staffordshire County Principal served as Principal cornet with major British Army bands for 12 years, had a break from playing and now looking to get back on the scene.
    A second skill is Musical Direction, conducting studied at Royal Military School of Music. May be useful to someone :)
    Currently studying a degree in criminology, I have some (?)spare time !
    I can be reached on 07967 676508 0r via loubloo@aol.com

Cheers :clap:

Louise

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Cheshire
    Happy New Year
    Cornet Player Looking for Band
    British Army
    @aol.com
  3. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

cornet vacancies

Hi there,

We (Flixton) are looking for a solo cornet. You can find lots of information about the band on our website www.flixtonband.org.uk. Good luck in your seach.

Rachel

4. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Hi Louise
    Northop Silver Band (1st Section) are looking for another Cornet player. We have one vacancy at the moment, and the section is flexible so we can move a couple of players around. We're just straight down the M56 about 10 miles past Chester into North Wales.
    Or, if you want ease yourself back into playing, Deeside Silver Band are looking for an experienced Principal Cornet so that they can start competing again. They have almost a full band and just need 1 or 2 more to complete the line-up. I am currently MD there, so there is also a possibility of some conducting if i am unavailable aswell. They are a similar distance away and are based in Connah's Quay.
    Let me know if you are interested, and good luck.
    Cheers
    Karl

5. McEuphie

McEuphie Member

Need cornets

Hi Louise

I play with Barnton Silver Band based just outside Northwich (your neck of the woods). We are a 4th section band with space on front and back row of cornet section. We are a friendly band and practice Tuesday evenings 8-10 in Barnton British Legion. Our MD works shifts so we could also make use of your conducting skills.

You're welcome to come along and have a listen/blow anytime.

If you're interested get back to me and I'll gladly give you more info.

e:mail - douglas.mckechnie@astrazeneca.com

Dougie

McEuphie
    Solo Euph
    Barnton Silver Band

6. George Laycock

George Laycock New Member

Cornet vacancy at Bactiguard Wire brass

Hi Louise,

Bactiguard Wire Brass (Championship section as from 1st) Warrington are looking for cornet players. A very progressive band that tries to do things a bit differently particularly in its concerts. Within the contest field they have had a meteoric rise since their formation in 2001, all this is displayed on their web site at www.wirebrass.co.uk. If you are interested please ring the MD Paul Andrews on 07810712992 (mobile) and he will explain the detail.

Good luck in your search.

Regards,

George Laycock
    Coordinator for Bactiguard Wire Brass, Warrington

7. sopranoplayer

sopranoplayer Member

blackburn and darwen band require a front row cornet player (easy reach from M65 motorway) and are also looking for an MD for their new 'middle' band if this is of interest please pm as we are going to start audioning in the next few weeks for the MD position and need a cornet player asap.

Best regards

Mandy
    (chairman B&D)