Cornet player looking for a W.Mid band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Jimmy_2121, May 24, 2007.

1. Jimmy_2121

Jimmy_2121 Member

I'm relocating to the Cannock area for work in the next few weeks, Does anyone know if there are any 1st/Champ section bands with a vacancy for a committed cornet player.

I'm willing to play front or back row and can travel, but not too far!
    Say up to 45mins drive!

I have until recently (i.e spring festival - this weekend!) been playing for a championship section band in S.Wales and ideally would find a band of a similar level.

If anyone has any suggestions, contact details etc that would be much appreciated as I don't have many links in the area.

2. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Try Langley, Staffordshire or Jackfield. All are represented on here.
  3. thelawyer

thelawyer New Member

You could also give Sovereign a try. Handily based 5 mins from jct 1 of the M5, we have a vacancy for a committed player. It's about 25 mins from Cannock town centre.

You can pm me or call me on 07866 574794.
  4. barrytone

barrytone Member

Think Newstead are looking for a committed cornet player, they''ve got a thread in the Recruitment Corner. My sister has recently joined them and they've made them feel very welcome and they're an excellent band. If you can't find the relevant thread in the recruitment corner, try their website for contact details.
  5. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

Hi Jimmy. As we have the same names it's imperative that you go and visit Jackfield Band. They are a first section band, who have been in the championship section twice in the last few years. They are playing at the national finals in Harrogate in September. This contesting year they have come 4th at Butlins, 3rd at the regionals. Professional conductor is John Maines and have one of the best residents around in Chris Lewis. They are the friendliest band you'll ever meet and are only about 20 minutes down the road from you, in the beautiful country side of Ironbridge Gorge. Good for scenic supping! A VERY social band with an excellent work ethic, great concerts and lots of fun.
    P.M. me or SMID (Will be able to give you more info, so he might be best) and we'll give you more details. Look forward to hearing from you.
  6. Wanny

Wanny New Member

Hi, you must come to Jackfield, we're the most ace!

Have PM'd you ...

ROBTHEDOG Member

Good luck lot's of decent bands over that way

Staffordshire not sure where they rehearse now, used to be in Walsall
    Sovereign - J1 M5
    Jackfield - Ironbridge
    Gresley are in Burton?

Always welcom for blow with us but we're based in Belper (Derby) and no firm vacancies.
  8. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Gresley are in Gresley lol. Contact details are on the website - but we are around 5 miles from Burton in South Derbyshire. We are First Section Champions 2007, going to Harrogate in September - along with Derwent and Jackfield :)

Feel free to get in touch.
  9. maestro uk

maestro uk New Member

Jaguar Coventry are not far away and are looking for quality cornet players.Give me a call on 07761 338922
  10. Jimmy_2121

Jimmy_2121 Member

Thanks for all the help!
    The replies have been numerous, swift and amazingly enthusiastic.
    I think the best thing for me to do is wait until we have moved up and then arrange to have a blow with a few different bands. That way I can meet some of you lovely people, check out the distances and get a feel for the bands. Hopefully we will have completed the move by the end of the month, but the way things are going with the house could be next June!

11. SuperHorn

SuperHorn Member

Good Luck Rob, you have been an asset to Cwmaman Band for the past 2.5 years.

Please note when Rob says he is a commited player thats'an understatement he rarely missed a rehearsal whilst with Cwmaman.

Hope every thing with the house and move goes well for you and Ally

Tim & Lisa.
  12. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

The Staffordshire Band rehearse at two secondary schools, The Arthur Terry School near Sutton Coldfield and the Walsall Academy in Bloxwich.

I think they have a vacancy on the front row...
  13. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Of course if it is a real challenge you want - the City of Birmingham Brass Band would welcome you to come and give us a try!