Cornet player looking for a band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by sudcornet, Mar 29, 2003.

1. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

Hi, I'm a cornet player with 30 years experience in Brass Bands. Over the years I have played in all sections, from Principal cornet in the 3rd and 4th sections to bottom end or back row in the Championship. I'm looking for a friendly, contesting band within about an hour's drive of York. I have my own transport and instrument.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    experience
    cornet
    back row
    band
    Principal
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Your name doesn't help SudCornet----- I was thinking that you'd be near the south, so near to london, because we have a solo cornet vanancy == but what ya gonna do eh! :D

4. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

5. Helen Hardcastle

Helen Hardcastle New Member

We are not a contesting band, but Cawthorne Band, just outside Barnsley South Yorkshire, is looking for a front row cornet player. If you are interested give me a call (01226 245458)

6. Owen

Owen Member

Not sure what constitutes an hour from York, but if Brighouse is within reach then we would welcome you down.

7. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

Thanks to tMP.com

Thanks to tMP.com and of course all who sail in her. I've had an overwhelming response from all sections of the BB community. I am either very popular (lol) or you are all desperate for cornet players. It has been a difficult choice as there have been some very tempting invitations, so thanks very much all for your interest; especially "straightmute" for his concern that I find a good position - thanks David you are a kind and decent man. I am pleased to say I have now signed for a band which is only 3/4 hour to rehearsal, (for which my girlfriend is very grateful)- The Yorkshire Imperial Urquhart Travel Band, and look forward to a long and rewarding future with them.
    Regards to all,
    Nigel.

8. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Nigel,

On behalf on the band, welcome aboard.

Sam
    Secretary
    Yorkshire Imps