Cornet player looking for a band.

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by PlayerPete, May 9, 2006.

1. PlayerPete

PlayerPete Member

Bb Cornet player looking for a band. Based in Ripon, North Yorkshire but willing to travel up to an hour. Experience in playing in all sections - only back row in top section. Willing to play in any section. Unable to make Tuesday or Friday night rehearsals due to other commitments. Drop me a line if you know of anyone that might be interested.

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Hi PlayerPete
    If you're willing to travel to Emley and give us a try we'd love to see you.

Situated just outside Huddersfield and we rehearse Monday and Wednesday nights 8:00 - 9:45.

We're in the 4th section national finals in Harrogate this September and will be 3rd section from January.
    Friendly band, we have a good laugh but work hard and on the way up. Plenty of really good quality around the stand but looking to strenghten all the time.

Drop me a line if you're at all interested.

Cheers. :tup

3. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Slightly further North but not to bad a journey on the A19 Murton Colliery Band are also looking for cornet players. We practice Monday and Thursday nights 7.30 -9.30 and we are 2nd section

4. 2ndslidedown

2ndslidedown New Member

Hello! Check out the post ive just..... posted! http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21262

or our website

www.grangemoorband.com

Hope this is of interest!

oh, and we have players who commute from ripon/harrogate also.

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  5. richardcowens

richardcowens Member

6. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

Hi Pete,
    Strata Brass are looking for a cornet player, Hoyland Nether around 56 min away from Ripon.
    Regards
    John

7. clare_euph

clare_euph Member

8. waynefiler

waynefiler Member

Barnard Castle Band are looking for a cornet player, Front or Back Row. We're looking to bolster the section for the National Finals in September.

Check us out, www.barnardcastleband.co.uk

We rehearse in the Glaxo Sports and Social club, Wed and Sun 1930 - 2130

9. Ellie

Ellie Member

Hi
    Spennymoor town band would be very grateful to have you at our ehearsal we practise on a wed 7.30-9.30 and a sun 5.30-7.30
    Friendly band

10. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Or - if you're still looking - Imps are looking for someone to fill a front row seat for the open and beyond - we'd love to have you down for a blow anyway - just off the M1 / M62 at Methley (between Leeds & Castleford). See TrumpetMaest's posting today in this section.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Cornet
    player
    Bb Cornet
    sections
    back row
  12. robcornet

robcornet Member

Cottingham band Championship section are looking for cornet players, it's about an hour from ripon they rehearse at Zion church in Cottingham on Thursday nights at 7.30pm. We would welcome the help on the back row!!

13. agentorange

agentorange Member

Why not give Knottingley Silver band a try? We're a friendly 1st section band ideally looking for a quality front rower. We rehearse on Mondays and Thursdays just 5 mins from the M62/A1 junction. Have a look at our website at www.knottingleysilverband.com or if you prefer give me a ring on 07789 516022 for a chat.

14. paddo

paddo Member

worth trying this one mate........

good laugh but with serious intensions.....

Paddo

15. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

I think you will find it takes more than about an hour to cover that distance, unless you can afford points on your licence.

16. 1st Position

1st Position Member

Based in Hull, the East Yorkshire Motor Services Brass Band are looking for a back row cornet player. We rehearse Sundays and Wednesdays just off the A63. From Ripon it takes round about an hour, depending on route and traffic. Currently, we are on our summer shut down, but if you interested please contact our webmaster, he doesn't summer shut down!

eymsbrassband@yahoo.co.uk

Or visit our website to see what we get up to, and what forthcoming engagements we have.

www.eymsbrassband.co.uk

17. vonny

vonny Member

Hi

I found details of a band you might be interested in - might be just the start you need :)
    I hope you find a suitable band soon and happy playing.

Yvonne x

www.riponcityband.co.uk

18. nook1938

Hi Yvonne, PlayerPete, if I have the correct person is or was the Top Man at Ripon.

Regards

John

19. robcornet

robcornet Member

Thanks Mark it is about an hour to Hull from Ripon as I've done it in an hour and I drive pretty slowly!!!!!

20. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

Which route do you use to do it in that time?

21. nook1938

1 hour and 12 minutes, A1 AND THE M 62. 79.6miles

John

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Cornet
    player
    Bb Cornet
    sections
    back row