Cornet player looking for a band in South London.

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by julian, Mar 20, 2012.

1. julian

julian Member

Hi, I am a returning cornet player looking for an understanding band in South London area, as I would very rarely be available on a Sunday. Any ideas?

Thanks, Jules.

2. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

3. julian

julian Member

Hi Simon, thanks - I have seen the webite and am very interested - hope they would be O.K. with the not on Sunday stuff?
    Jules.

4. Oxted Band

Oxted Band New Member

You have PM!

5. julian

julian Member

Hi. Have PM'd you back!

6. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

You do know where Oxted is, right? Some bands have a very strange description of what constitutes South (and East, North and West) London!

7. julian

julian Member

Hi William,
    mmm. Maybe I should have been a bit more precise.
    I'm more South West London (Streatham/Mitcham area) and only 18 miles from Oxted - As you are probably aware in London it's often far quicker to travel out than across.
    Also, sometimes it's not just where the band it situated, but where the other players travel from.
    An old sage, scratching his beard, once said to me, 'If I we're going there, I wouldn't start from 'ere!'
    All the best,
    Julian.

8. Will the Sec

Fair dos, Julian, if it works for you, great - that's another player back in the fold. Just for fun though, seek out som old recruitment threads, and you'll find out why I wondered!

9. Oxted Band

Oxted Band New Member

Doesnt seem to have come through! Do you want to try again or pop me an email webmaster@oxtedband.co.uk

Thanks

Ben

10. Will the Sec

See! It's so far away even your PMs take days to get there! :)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    cornet player
    Cornet
    South London
    band
    area
  12. Oxted Band

Oxted Band New Member

Yes, you're right, what was I thinking, trying to imagine that anybody would come from South London to Oxted. Oh hang on, many of the band already do. They must be insane! :clap:

13. julian

julian Member

Lol!

Lol!!

14. Will the Sec

Oh, I never question the sanity of players who choose to travel - only those bands that apparently don't know where London is. :D

15. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

Yeah I do! Know where Oxted and London are.....I'm right in the middle of both!! (and visit both often!)

16. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

I'd need a passport to get to Oxted. Not only is it south of the river (Thames), it is also south of the London Orbital Car Park.

Best of luck to both interested parties :)