Cornet player beginner

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Tunky, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Tunky

Tunky New Member

Hi I have just started to play about 4 months now . A bit (no a lot) of a late starter but keen . I am looking for another band to join in the Staffordshire / Cheshire area . Already commited on Fridays , willing to travel . If it's not Wednesdays or Sundays I could bring the old man with me , he plays cornet as well .

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    player beginner
    starter
    area
    Cheshire
    man
  3. coldrum

coldrum New Member

Hi,

Don't know whether your sorted with a band as yet, but if not you could try Frodsham Silver Band in Cheshire.

If you want a very friendly band, where the accent at rehearsals is on a relaxed social evening, then it's right up your street.

They welcome any age / ability / instrument, e.g. one of the parents brought her daughter along, then decided she wanted to learn as well - she's now a member! Others in the band are good enough to play in championship bands - they stay because of the atmosphere at both rehearsals & concerts

They are an excellent band, and get rave reviews from every concert they play at. They focus on entertaining the audience, with the focal point being their MD, who always involves the audience in the performance.

The band rehearse from 8pm on Monday and Tuesday (main rehearsal) evenings, at the band hall in Greenfield Lane, Frodsham (road by the side of the Bears Paw!).

Feel free to just turn up, or if you want to contact someone first, either PM me, or contact their MD (Norman Denaro) on 01928 712048

As a final point, if you fancy a brass & woodwind band, trying to resurrect itself, they rehearse in the same place on Thursday evenings (same MD).

If I don't hear from you, best of luck with your search.

Col