1. pedaller

pedaller Member

Please be advised that Neville Hounslow, aka Cornet Nev, passed away peacefully today. R.I.P. Nev. More details as they become known.
  2. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

How sad ~ Another really good bloke passes over. My sincere condolences to his family ~ R.I.P. Cornet Nev.
    ~ Mr Wilx
    pedaller and mikelyons like this.
  3. Leveridge96

Leveridge96 Member

Very sad news, i followed his updates on his treatment with keen interest. My thoughts are with his family and friends who knew him at this sad time as well as everyone at darwen brass
  4. Euphonium Lite

Euphonium Lite Active Member

I never met Nev - or at least as far as I know I never met him - however found his posts - especially those on his illness - to be very well thought out and sincere. Rest in Peace
  5. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Sad news. He'd described his illness for us, and obviously things were bleak, but he kept his posts positive to the end - his last post here was only a couple of weeks ago.

RIP Nev, and my sympathies to those around you.
  6. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Very sad news
    I never (knowingly) met Cornet Nev but he always seemed like a good guy on here.
    Thoughts and prayers with his family and all who knew him
  7. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

How sad. Seemed a nice man, and was very stoic about his illness.
    pedaller likes this.
  8. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

How very sad to hear he lost the battle. I never knew him, but found his wise words here to be hard-hitting.

Hope he is blowing away up there and resting well. :)
    pedaller likes this.
  9. An ex member

An ex member Guest

A fine way to remember Cornet Nev would be to take his advice and see the quack if you show any of the symptoms he described in his first post of the "Have you got Cancer" thread.

Rest in Peace, Neville.
  10. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Sad news. I found his comments about his illness and treatment very moving. I didn't know him, other than as a member of this great fraternity of brass band aficionados. I'll miss his posts and agree with "Euphonium Lite" in that respect.

Rest in Peace Neville. My sincere condolences to his friends and family.
    mikelyons likes this.
  11. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

So sorry to read this. Sincere sympathy to his family. He seemed such a gentleman.
  12. wife divine

wife divine Supporting Member

Sad news indeed. A very courageous man who maintained his sense of humour throughout his illness. I hope everyone follows his advice and seeks help if they have the slightest concern about their health. I lost my brother 18 years ago in similar circumstances. RIP Nev.
  13. hornydevil

hornydevil Member

Sad news, RIP Neville.