Cornet Mouthpiece??

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by zak, Dec 9, 2007.

1. zak

zak Member

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me the biggest cornet mouthpiece I can get in terms of cup depth and diameter???

And does anyone have such a mouthpiece for sale????

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance :tup

Regards

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Regards
    biggest cornet mouthpiece
    terms of cup depth
    tup Regards
    Thanks
  3. Stingy Vib

Stingy Vib New Member

wouldnt it be a Wick 2?

4. zak

zak Member

No idea, that's why I'm asking ;)

Anyone got a kelly cornet mouthpiece for sale also? If so, please pm me with details.

Many thanks :tup

Regards

5. ROBTHEDOG

ROBTHEDOG Member

If you want even bigger you can get away with using a Wick 2Fl (Flugel) you'll need to have the shank 'shaved' and have good tuning slide between the ears but has been done. Huge sound great for back row.

6. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

My guess would be a Wick 1X - currently only available in the Heavytop configuration (although am trying to persuade Denis to try a regular version).
    As for obtaining one - should be available through any Wick stockist

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Schilke have two cornet mouthpieces based on the trumpet models 22 & 24. Rim diameters are 18.03mm and 18.29mm. No information regarding cup depth, throat and backbore. Available from Mouthpiece Express as well as many other makes/models.

8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

There's also a handy cornet mouthpiece comparison chart available at the Brass-Forum.co.uk.

9. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Although the rim diameters on the biggest Schilkes are huge, they are relatively shallow. Most of the older models of Schilke cornet 'pieces are not really cornet mouthpieces at all, at least not in the way that a brass-bander would recognise them. They are to all intents and purposes trumpet mouthpieces with a cornet shank.

Schilke do now offer a newer range of cornet mouthpieces with a more traditional deep cup profile, aimed at the brass band market, however they are horrifically expensive.