Cornet/Horn Looking for band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by savewaterdrinkbeer, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Hi due to work commitments i am having to ease off a bit with my banding, i am looking for band to play either horn or cornet with either contesting or not. but if you contest i do not want to be doing a contest every weekend.

I can play in any section of band

Im looking around manchester area

2. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

HI There

I have PM'd you.

3. a very flat b

a very flat b Member

Don't suppose you class Hull as Manchester area?
  4. or sheffield as i work in south sheffield
  5. Oughtibridge band in sheffield would always welcome a cornet or horn player. pm me for more details if your interested
  6. nicola_bentham

nicola_bentham New Member

hi, skelmersdale band would welcome you down on either instrument; we are nr wigan about 20 mins from manchester.

PM me for any more details if you're interested

cheers nic
  7. tat

tat Member

Whitworth (just North of Rochdale) are looking for front row cornet players. Good 3rd section band looking for promotion to the 2nd section.
    Only enter 3 to 4 contests a year and not many concerts so it gives plenty of free weekends.
  8. jennifer

jennifer New Member

Stocksbridge Band would welcome you to come for a blow on cornet...let me know if you'd be interested....being promoted back into Championship section in the new year.
  9. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Blackley Band are looking for a horn player. We're a 4th section band based in Manchester, we don't do many contests and we have plenty of time off. Either e-mail us from the website,, or ring me on 07738826809, or pm me if you are interested.
    MD Blackley Band
  10. i have decided to join a very local band of which i am taking up the sop seat.