Cornet/Flugel looking for new home in Reading area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Adam Sutcliffe, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Adam Sutcliffe

Adam Sutcliffe New Member

Hi, I have recently moved to the Reading area and am looking for a new band. I have been playing for 10 years, most recently with a regularly prize winning 4th Section band in the NW which only just missed out on promotion locally last year!

Would like to challenge myself so am looking for a contesting band, preferably 3rd section and willing to give any part a go! I am a flexible player, having had experience on euph/bari seats, however I don't own either of these so if there are vacancies for these I would need an instrument!

If anybody knows of bands within a 30 min drive or could give me a lift, I would be really grateful to hear from them! Thanks :D

2. E flat fred

E flat fred Member

I wish you all the success for the future. We will certainly miss you.

3. Vivjo

Vivjo New Member

Hi

I would recommend that you give Hungerford Ton Band a try, they are a friendly forward looking 3rd section band who were recently 11th at the third section finals.

The MD's name is Tim Crouter and his email is Timcrouter@aol.com

Hope you find this helpful

Viv Jones

Ex Hungerford principal trombone

4. bassendworld

bassendworld Member

You could also try the guys at St Sebastian Wokingham band thet are a good bunch and have just been promoted to section 2

If you want to keep your lip in on a Monday evening you could come and have a blow with us at Marlow

Good standard non contesting band

PM if you want some more details

Ian

5. RamasII

RamasII Member

6. David Pegram

David Pegram Member

Hi Adam Chinnor is about a 25 min drive from Reading we rehearse on a wed and sun evenings.We are a 2nd section band who enjoy are banding PM me here if it would interest you.You can also check out our web site chinnorsilver.co.uk

7. flug_gal

flug_gal Member

pm'd you :)