Cornet/Euph Duets

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by davie, Feb 18, 2004.

1. davie

davie New Member

Hi,

Anyone got any good ideas for a cornet/euph duet with band? Looking for something for grade 7ish cornet and euph, but preferably fairly straightforward for the rest of the band.

Ta for any suggestions.

Cheers,
    Davie.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Euph
    Ta
    ish cornet
    Euph Duets Hi
    suggestions
  3. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

There is a cornet and euph duet with band accompaniment published by the SA called 'I'll not turn back'. It's a hymn setting of a song used in the SA but it's a really nice melody and not too difficult. World of Brass would be able to supply you with it - the arranger is Ivor Bosanko and it is featured as a duet with Derick Kane on David Daws' first CD 'I Hear the Music'.

hope this helps

Paul Drury
    Edinburgh Gorgie SA Band
    Fuoco Brass

4. Alice

Alice Member

I've ordered that duet and it should be here any day now. I heard it on that CD aswell. It's an amazing duet, hopefully to play not just to listen too. I have to be able to do it well by March for a concert myself and Michela (euph) are playing it in. It's going towards my final exam too!

5. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

Sure you'll do well and have them 'crying in the aisles' (in a positive way of course :D )

Best of luck

Paul Drury

6. Alice

Alice Member

Thanks, although realistically it's more like "running down the aisles in the direction of the door!" I'm kidding i'm sure it will be fine!

Thank you!

7. winterman

winterman Member

I bought this one, (remembered performing the musical, "Man Mark II", from which it comes many years ago), although haven't had a chance to play it with the band yet. The piece, just like the original song is gorgeous. It quite simply flows and lilts perfectly, could be a real spine tingler if you get it just right.

It's a good challenge as well as being very playable technically.

Just thought I'd throw my tuppeney thought into the discussion :wink:

Hope it all goes with the performance

Mic Tyler
    Principle Euph
    Drighlington Band

8. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Gordon Langford wrote a light piece called (I think) Foxtrot Between Friends for that combination. There is also a duet called Cousins, for trumpet and trombone, although there's no particular reason why it shouldn't be adapted. Requires some moderate tempo tripling though.

9. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Thanks for that, Paul.
    Ivor Bosanko was at THQ the other day and was asked if he could provide a piano accompaniment to the duet. Unfortunately, that was a negative. Anyway, the band accompaniment version is on the website if anyone else is interested;
    http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/sps075sm.html

10. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

Also, there's an arrangement of 'time to say goodbye' which is a cornet/euph duet, although the two instruments only play together for about two lines at the bottom, and then it's in unison.. so i suppose it's debatable whether it's a duet or not!! :?

Ah yes, and an arrangement of 'All i ask of you' which i believe is a duet, all i can remember of it though, is lots of top As :shock:

TuTuKu xxx

11. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Time to ressurect this thread as its nearly a year old...

Anyone know of any other Euph/Cornet duets available?? Myself and Jen, Emley's Solo Euph were talking about it before Christmas and couldn't come up with any suggestions, so can anyone help us out with any, other than the ones already offered above??

Cheers.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Euph
    Ta
    ish cornet
    Euph Duets Hi
    suggestions
  13. Offbeats

Offbeats Member

There's a duet fopr cornet and eupho by Roy Newsome, called Tete e Tete...Bit of a Latin number...Not really for a serious concert but perhaps ok for other less formal stuff

14. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

A quick search using Google has unearthed these titles ...

(a) We'll All Shout (William Broughton) - S. P. & S
    (b) In The Army (W. Kitching) - S. P. & S
    (c) I've Washed My Robes (W. Stevenson) - S. P. & S.
    (d) Duett-Concertino (Rolf Wilhelm) - Trio Musik Edition
    (e) Brindisi (Verdi, arr. Bruce Fraser) - Mostyn Music ** Roy Newsome has also arr. this for cornet/euph.
    (f) Hunting High & Low (Simon Kerwin) - Mostyn Music
    (g) All I Ask Of You (Andrew Lloyd Webber, arr. Alan Fernie)
    (h) Allegro Preciso (E. Siebert)
    (i) Capriccio (Gareth Wood)
    (j) Duet from Don Giovanni (W. Mozart, arr. H. Lorriman)
    - titles g>j available http://www.bandsupplies.co.uk/MusicList.asp?txtSearch=&txtCategory=735&MusicType=1
    (k) I'll Gang Nae Mair Tae Yon Toun (Scottish trad. arr. Adrian Drover) - Adios Music

- I'm sure that there are many, many more to find. Hope the list above helps!

15. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

There's one by Kevin Norbury called "Joyful Service", which is played by the New York Staff Band on their United CD (TRCD-1075). The sleeve note describes it as a "technical tour-de-force". I don't know if it's published but you could enquire at AVanderWeele@USE.SalvationArmy.Org