Cornet cases / gig bags

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Getzonica, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

Hello - I was wondering whether anyone can help:

I currently have two gig bags - a "GIG" bag and a pro tec bag for my cornet.

However, I am looking at getting another gig bag / case because the "GIG" bag is starting to break - one of the zips is broken - and it is too big to take to college and the other gig bag is too small to fit a cornet, 2 mouthpieces, 3 mutes and a pencil etc.

So, does anyone know some gig bags or cases that would be the right size to fit everything in it and suitable for taking on the train?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    gig bags
    Cornet cases
    pro tec bag
    zips
    train
  3. stopher

stopher Member

Try brassbags.co.uk. Can get 2 instruments in plus mutes, laptop and charger, music and bits like lyres etc in at once. Or at whit Friday, a cornet and 12 bottles of lager:)

4. 3rdcornetsolo

3rdcornetsolo Member

I cant recommend the Reunion Blues Triple Trumpet highly enough.
    I've owned it for a couple of years now and still absolutely love it... It has more than enough room for my cornet, 5 mutes, assorted cr*p, bottle of water (or occasionally stronger), often my laptop and even on an odd time my uniform too.
    They are prices but to me it was money well spent.

5. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

You'll struggle to get a smaller gig bag that'll take all the stuff. Why not just look into getting the zip changed?

6. Kjata

Kjata Member

I would agree, but the price is a little steep! The Vincent Bach triples are a little cheaper and is pretty much the same... just doesn't look as nice!

7. Owen S

Owen S Member

Look back only two weeks in this forum, and you'll find someone asking pretty much exactly the same question Here.

I really like the Fusion bag I've just bought, and if you're going to be carrying your cornet around on the train etc., a bag with decent rucsac type straps is probably your best option too. I really wouldn't recommend a triple trumpet bag for that - you'd just be carrying around extra bulk for no reason.

8. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Had exactly the same problem with mine, getz. I have gone back to my hard cornet case now.

9. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

Just had a look at that thread! Had a look at the fusion gig bags and they look quite good, but I noticed you said in the other thread that your cornet doesn't fit into the space provided - do you reckon a getzen cornet might fit?

I'm thinking of getting it fixed but it's too wide to fit in the lockers at the college... (and too long if i lie it down)

10. Owen S

Owen S Member

Well, the cornet fits the main gigbag itself just fine, but it also includes an extra internal bag that the instrument is, in theory, supposed to go into before going into the bag itself. It's that my Yamaha Maestro doesn't quite fit, I think because the shepherd's crook is slightly bigger than expected. The padding on the F1 is thick enough that this isn't a problem, and the cheaper F2 and F3 models don't include it anyway. I have to admit I don't know anyone with a Getzen, so can't tell you how well that would fit into the internal bag, but it will be fine fitting without that, given that a flugel can fit into the bag.

The mutes may make it more of a problem though. I am happy fitting a Wick cup, Wick straight and Tom Crown harmon into the main part of the bag, but it is a squeeze, so you might not like that.