Cool Euphonium T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Mister 4x4, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

Here's something else cool I saw on eBay. It looks like this guy's got a better selection of designs than the company with the watches.

Linkage

Enjoy

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    T-Shirt
    Cool Euphonium
    something
    watches.
    selection
  3. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Yes, he has lots of different musical stuff but.....

No Tenor Horns :eek:

Don't they have them in America ?????????

4. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

Sorry - I've never actually seen (or heard) a Tenor Horn. In fact, until just recently, I'd never seen a proper Baritone Horn. Pretty much everybody over here thinks that Euphoniums are in fact Baritone Horns.

5. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

They are not used anywhere but in the brass bands. Now the British Style Brass Band movement on this side of the pond is growing at a fantastic rate -- so more and more are being playing (usually converting cornet or french horn players -- or baritone players).

Probably the hardest positions to fill in a brass band in the states.

Jim

6. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Could be wrong here, but isn't an English Horn what they call a tenor horn over there?

7. HBB

HBB Active Member

Nope, and english horn (cor anglais) is like an Oboe. Over there it's called an Alto Horn :eek:!

8. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Quite right. An English horn is a double reed instrument. Often the Tenor Horn is called an Alto Horn in the States. Makes some sense I guess ... if it is a Tenor Trombone, the Tenor Horn plays more in the alto range.

But as the Brass Band movement continues to grow, it is called more and more a Tenor horn. But if you hear "alto horn" from someone in the States, just know they are referring to a Tenor Horn.

Confused yet? :)

Jim