Contracts for Concerts

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by strongbow, Sep 10, 2003.

1. strongbow

strongbow Member

No not the "hit man" type of contract but a contract for us to use with concert promoters/venues.

The reason for asking is that we have just had a concert cancelled on us and I thought it was about time that we used some form of contract to cover us in case this happens again.

Does anyone have a copy of a contract that they use that I can pinch?

2. Bones

Bones Member

I have a contract I use with my quintet, email me and I'll attach it back to you.

3. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Contrary to public perception contracts dont need to be set out on paper to be binding. Verbal/ oral contracts are binding. However, the problem arises when you try to enforce it. What are the terms?

Most of you will have made contracts already e.g. buying anything from a shop like a sandwich or newspaper.

If I were you strongbow I would pursue the person who cancelled on you e.g. send a letter to them asking for some sort of compensation- you might get something out of it.

JEZ@LADSB Member

We had two concerts cancelled this year due to inadequate prep by the organisers as they did not have an entertainments licence. I wrote to them politely asking for reimbursement but to no avail. I have discussed with our MD the idea of contracts but they have to work both ways. Contracts and the wording of such need to be given a great deal of thought. Please email me if you have a contract or know anyone who can give useful advice.