Continuity error in Brassed Off

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by timbloke, Apr 26, 2005.

1. timbloke

timbloke Member

Call me a saddo... well don't please. I watched Brassed Off for the umpteenth time last night, in preparation for seeing the stage production next week with Oughtibridge Brass Band, and spotted something i've not seen before.

Has anyone else noticed that when we meet the two bass players ernie and jim, jim is carrying a rotary valve bass, but throughout the rest of the film he's on a normal piston valve bass. Anyone know why?
  2. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Yeah I'd previously noticed this as well. Doesn't seem to be any logical reason for it...
  3. hornsrus

hornsrus Member

you sad sad people!!! Are you gonna see brassed off then??? do you think it'll be good???
  4. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

A few more continuity mistakes are documented here ! is a treasure trove of errors covering TV as well as film.
  5. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

I noticed too! :tup
  6. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i saw that!!!
  7. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Hmm, on a boring day, I think I'm going to have put the DVD on and try and spot them all!
  8. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Can't say I noticed!! But I'm not very observant...:)
  9. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

That was his mates Tuba... He was just taking it to the bandroom for him... He left his already at the bandroom... Hence the lack in quality miming practice...
  10. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

How about in The Full Monty when the Ginger is playing the cornet at his Mother's funeral?

Mimes "Abide with me" perfectly until the end, when instead of fingering 1/2, Open, 1, for A,G,F he "uses" Open, 1/2, 1.
  11. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

How sad are you?!!!! ;) ;)
  12. Will the Sec

Not that - only seen it once!
  13. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

and u watched it that closely to notice that? DEARY ME :rolleyes:
  14. Will the Sec

Well, from about forty feet, I suppose, and in close up. And I learned to play Abide With Me for the school band, so it's kinda engrained!
  15. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Boc Alert!!! Boc Alert!!!
  16. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

*coughs* BOC!! :roll:
  17. euphybeast

euphybeast Member

Aw don't be mean. I saw that too!

It jumps out at you because he was right up to that point, and it feels all wrong when you see the wrong valves with the right notes.