Contests for an unregistered band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Backrowdiva, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Backrowdiva

Backrowdiva Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction please. I currently play with an unregistered band who would like to dip their toe in a contest without committing serious funds. Is there somewhere I can find which contests take unregistered bands?

2. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Whereabouts are you, and how far are you prepared to travel?

3. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

The Durham Association is opening up their contest to unregistred bands for the first time in February. Also in the north Eat theres the Teesdale contest and the Ripon contest but as has already been said where are you based

4. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

The Gloucestershire Brass Band Association (GBBA) hold a Youth/Training/Unregistered section at their Entertainments (Feb) and Own Choice Test piece (Nov) contests. See http://www.gbba-online.org.uk/contests.html for details.

5. Backrowdiva

Backrowdiva Member

We're based in Coventry, so warwickshire/south staffs/leicestershire even north worcester are near

6. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

the LBBA open contest in Loughborough has an unregistered section. Too late for this year (its on Sunday!) but there's more info here.
    Bolsover is worth a look too.

7. backrow

backrow New Member

Plenty of opportunity on Whit Friday for unregistered bands
    Better if you registedered though its not hard and shouldn't cost that much.

8. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Is the contest open to bands that aren't members of the association?

9. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

No you still have to join the association which was about £30 last time I looked. However bands from any area can join. To encourage unregistered and 4th section bands to enter a new system has been devised. As long as these bands turn up at the contest and play they will have their entry fee refunded

10. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Cheers for the reply :)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Contests
    unregistered bands
    serious funds
    right direction
    toe
  12. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

The GBBA Entertainment Contest will be held in Ross-on-Wye this year - less than two hours from Coventry. www-gbba-online.org.uk/contests.html for details