Contest success for Cawston!

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Chunky, May 8, 2006.

1. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Norwich based Cawston Band warmed up nicely for their joint concert with Australian National Champions, Brisbane Excelsior on 26th May by taking 1st prize in Class A at the East Anglian Brass Band Association Championships.

The Bands programme consisted of: Barnum and Baileys Favourite; Serenade by Derek Bourgeois; How Great Thou Art; Queen of the Nights Aria featuring soprano player Iain Abbott and Lord of The Dance.

The programme found favour with judge C. Brian Buckley who awarded the band 1st prize in Class A for their hymn tune and 1st prize for the Entertainments programme.

Class A was combined with Championship Section and the band was delighted to be placed third overall in the combined Championship / Class A section.

The first prizes were the third top placing’s the band have been awarded in their last 4 contests with only a disappointing tenth place at the area contest coming between wins at Leicester and this weekend at Norwich.

Now the band is looking forward to a joint concert on Friday 26th May at the Assembly Rooms in Norwich with Brisbane Excelsior.

For your chance to hear one of East Anglia’s finest and most entertaining bands and the Australian National Champions first concert this year in the UK please contact Prelude Records, St Giles Street, Norwich telephone number 01603 628319 or email admin@preluderecords.co.uk

Tickets for the concert, which starts at 7:30pm are priced at £8 and £6 for concessions. For more details please visit the Cawston band website www.cawstonband.co.uk

2. shandy lee

shandy lee Member

A fantastic result for everyone involved. We have worked hard through 05/06 and its great to see the results rolling in.

The concert with Brisbane is set to be absoulutly awsome!
    Bring on the next challange!

3. HANNAH

HANNAH Member

And suddenly shandy lee reappears on the mouthpiece!

4. vonny

vonny Member

Brilliant news - well done to everyone!
    All the best for the joint concert on the 26th May, i will be in Australia but will be thinking about you all :D

Hannah how are you doing? Sorry I haven't been in touch for a while, i'll contact soon tho - i have loads to tell you. Take care, Yvonne x