Contest in Birmingham on Saturday??

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Bob Sherunkle, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

Dear Comrades

I was down the clinic this morning with my feet and the nurse was asking me if I had been at some band contest in Birmingham on Saturday that she had heard about from a bloke with bunions.

I hadn't, so checked this site for information. I assume she must have been referring to the contest in Dronfield, as Derbyshire is virtually Birmingham isn't it?

Or does anyone know of any other contests that took place in Birmingham at the weekend?

I am guessing it can't have been anything important or there would have been something on here about it.

PS The nurse said it was probably fungal, but to be honest she seemed more interested in opening the windows than examining me.
  2. euphalogy

euphalogy Member

Wheres Paddy gone ??
  3. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

I assumed that he had been detained at His Moderator's Pleasure but this is pure speculation on my part.
  4. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

I remember old Mendelssohn had that problem - even dedicated a tune to it - Fungal's Cave I think it was called. Anyway, as for Birmingham, I recall they freed the Birmingham 6 - maybe they let the rest out now as well? That could explain it.
  5. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

My sister once went out with a mycologist. She said he was a fun guy to be with.
  6. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

I believe that there was some minor shindig on Saturday for the benefit of a few small bands from oop north and our Celtic cousins.
    Very kindly , our famous London bands volunteered to give it a miss in order to give the others a chance of winning. Fairs fair.

:) :)
  7. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

I thought it was all about golf. Or tennis. Possibly both.
  8. bassendworld

bassendworld Member

and you all missed a treat