Contest entry fees

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by magpiesolobari, Nov 5, 2006.

1. magpiesolobari

magpiesolobari New Member

Why is it the midland area entry fee has gone up again this year, is this the same in all the regions?
    Last year it was £65 per band to enter but this year it is £80, yet the prize money has not altered in accordance?

So even the 3rd placed band would be out of pocket by £5, as the prize money is only £75(in all sections).

Anyone got any ideas?
  2. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Actually virtually every band that enters an area contest ends up out of pocket, I should think. I don't know, but I would hope that the Midlands area are trying to respond to criticism of the venue(s) and demands for 2 adjudicators in each section, both issues which need more money to resolve.

Of course they could just be planning a trip to the Ind Coope brewery.....:D
  3. postie

postie Member

Yes it is probably to cover the expense of having 2 adjudicators. At the end of the day it's the biggest contest of the year for any band and prize money doesn't come into it.
  4. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Although I agree that the prize monies are, er, rather poor don't forget you've got to take into account things like rises in the costs of the venue hire and all the ancillaries that go with it will go up and not down (unless you maybe change where it's going ;) )...