contest dates for 2005

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by sparkling_quavers, Dec 26, 2004.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I'm trying to be organised and sort my diary out (mainly so we can actually get some holidays sorted in advance for 2005). Does anyone know the dates for any of the following?

Rhyl Festival of Brass 2005
    Wilkinsons Open (St Helens) 2005
    Fleetwood 2005
    Pontins 2005

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Don't know........ but how about all the contest dates for 2005 be put in the tmp library? Be very handy! :)

3. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

arent they the same contest under 2 names?

sorry i cant help with dates i havent a clue

4. sparkling_quavers

ah well done Sarah for spotting the deliberate mistake :rolleyes:...i meant Wilkinsons St Helens and Fleetwood Contest hehe will change my original post as well :biggrin:

5. davidsait

davidsait Member

6. sparkling_quavers

thanks I found:

Fleetwood- 2nd Oct
    Rhyl Festival of Brass - 1st July

7. Naomi McFadyen

Whoohoo... found all the dates I was looking for too! :) :tup :tup

8. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

erm... thats a friday... :rolleyes: ;)

9. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

Rhyl Festival of Brass - 26 June Youth and 4th section
    Rhyl Festival of Brass - 3 July 3rd, 2nd, and Open sections Entertainment contest

Not on the ibew website:

Pontins 2005 - Friday 28 to Monday 31 October

Also not on the ibew website:

Great Northern Brass Arts Festival, Bridgewater Hall, Manchester on 3 September 2005

Going off the last 2 years, I would guess that the St Helens Wilkinsons Contest will be on 20 November 2005.

Also, just to remind people:

RNCM Festival of Brass 21-23 January

Butlins Contest 21-24 January

Brass at the Guild Open Contest, Preston Guild Hall 6 February

North West Area Contest 13 March

Tameside Open Contest 3 April

TMP Band at Hadleigh Temple Salvation Army - 9 April (Saturday)

Besson National Youth Band Championships RNCM 10 April (may affect the turnout for the TMP Band on 9 April?)

Buxton Brass Band Festival (own-choice contest) 1 May

Grand Shield, Senior Cup and Senior Trophy Contests , Blackpool 7 May (Saturday)

Whit Friday Band Contests 20 May

All-England Masters (or whatever it's called now) Cambridge 29 May

Wigan Brass & Bierfest March and Hymn-tune Contest 5 June

French Open Brass Band Contest, Amboise 10 - 12 June

British Open, Symphony Hall Birmingham 17 September (Saturday)

Lower Section National Championships, Harrogate 24 - 25 September (so keep that weekend free, Rachel!)

National Championships Championship Section, Royal Albert Hall, London 15 October (Saturday)

10. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Could anyone possibly tell me when the KIRKBY LONSDALE contest is, and who I contact.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Rhyl Festival of Brass 2005 Wilkinsons Open
    Pontins 2005
    St Helens
    contest dates
    Wilkinsons Open
  12. Does anyone know what times the different sections are running for the North West Area?

13. Naomi McFadyen

possibly the same as last years? ;-) (your band will be sent details through of times nearer the time I'd imagine!)
    (and no, I cant remember.... 10am start though.... 3 halls.... one with a ghost in it, which us banders have yet to scare off with the music we play....)

;)

14. Neil Glynn

Neil Glynn Member

Anyone got any idea when the Yorkshire Area is?

15. Brian Kelly

The Yorkshire Areas are on the weekend of 5 / 6 March. I don't know which sections are on which day, though.

The Midland Areas are on the same weekend (5 /6 March), and also on the following weekend 12 /13 March, so they must have a lot of bands taking part. Again I do not know which sections are being held on which days.

The Scottish, Welsh, and West of England Areas are all on the weekend of 12 / 13 March, but all sections of the North West Areas are squeezed into a single day of the same weekend (Sunday 13 March).

The London and Southern Counties Areas also take place on a single day, Saturday 19 March.

Apologies if I have missed anyone out.

16. Brian Kelly

Just realised - I missed out the Northern Areas. Sorry. To add insult to injury, I don't know when they are, either. Sorry again.

17. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

Hi Brian

L & SC is over 2 days 19th & 20th March. 3rd & 1st section on the 19th, and 4th, 2nd & Champ on the 20th. Lucky, otherwise they would never manage to fit in the upwards of 30 bands in the 4th section ;)

18. sparkling_quavers

I think it is 1st sc on the 5th, ch and 3rd on the 6th, 2nd on the 12th and 4th on the 13th. Unfortunate that the 4th section is the same as the NW areas as I wanted to go and support my sisters band in the 4th sc :(

19. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

The Northern Area is early this year 26/27 February

20. jonford

jonford Member

Last year they swapped the section times round, I think due to complaints from bands in the later sections! I did hear someone say they were going to rotate it around every year, last year the 1st section started fairly early and the 4th section was later on. I imagine the championship section will remain in the afternoon but who knows!