contest date help please

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by brass journo, May 25, 2006.

1. brass journo

brass journo Member

Please can anyone give me dates for the following forthcoming contests and contacts for them too if poss?

Malton Entertainments
    Whitehaven contest
    Buxton Contest 2007
    Holmfirth Contest 2007

thanks very much

Tabby

2. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Wychavon Contest is on the 17 September

3. Di

Di Active Member

I googled for Whitehaven and found it in a bands engagement diary for 14th May 2006.

And from what I can glean through searching for Malton, its early November.

Sorry can't be much more help. :(

4. Mr_Euniverse

Mr_Euniverse Member

Also when is the Stottish Open???? And how do you apply... or get invited?

5. Mr_Euniverse

Mr_Euniverse Member

I mean Scottish! I'm trying to type and eat an apple at the same time!!

6. Tiffers

Tiffers New Member

Hi,

Re. Holmfirth Contest 2007

We haven't set a date as yet, mainly because the Grand Shield announcing that they're moving back a week has messed up my plans. This year we had the contest 1 week after Blackpool so as to be able to have bands that played at Blackpool come along. If we do the same next year it means that Holmfirth is the same day as Cambridge (not an issue for bands, but does affect availability of adjudicators, ooh plus ringers!), plus it is a Bank holiday weekend (I think) AND it is 5 days before whit Friday. Personally I'm not sure bands would put up with all that and attend.

The other option would be to have it 1 week before Blackpool and hope bands will come along as a run-out.

Perhaps people could give me their views.....

Additionally I do apologise to all bands not involved with The Spring Festival next year for messing about by trying to accomodate people who are, but I think we proved this year that a stronger, more competetive top section is good for the contest as a whole, and something I need to take account of.

Cheers

Ian

7. glidng_slide

glidng_slide Member

Be careful

Trying to type with your mouth?, be careful you will get bits of apple between the keys. ;-)

8. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

The Whitehaven contest is cancelled due to loss of funding.

9. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Malton is 26th November this year Tabby, It was moved to accomdate the Nationals/Pontins mess! As for a contact - www.yhbba.co.uk will do the trick!

Cheers
    Garry

10. Main organiser of Malton is Alan Martin from Kirkbymoorside band...

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Buxton Contest 2007 Holmfirth Contest
    anyone
    contests
    thanks
    Tabby
  12. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

OK here goes. There doesn't seem to be a single own choice contest in Yorkshire in the autumn. That seems to offer a lot more scope than squeezing it in between 2 bank holidays, areas, Easter, Cambridge, Whit Friday and the Spring Festival. OK, you've got Pontins and the Finals to avoid but that should still offer plenty of other weekends.

Just a thought.

D