Contest Breakfast / rituals

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by astreet83, Sep 17, 2010.

1. astreet83

astreet83 Member

Come on tMPer's what is you contest breakfast? Do you stay clear of the bacon like me...

Also does anyone have any other contest rituals? I heard players say that they alway have a curry the night before.

My our ritual is I like to be last on stage
  2. animal.22

animal.22 Member

Bacon an egg butties,hot sweet tea before contest,

BEER,BEER,BEER fish an chips/pizza/owt else I can get my hands on(principal troms burger an chips was particularly tasty after one areas :)) BEER,BEER,BEER :clap: after.

Fat Bar Stewards Of The World Unite HA HA HA HA HA :tup
  3. astreet83

astreet83 Member

Beer comes after playing and plently of it!!!
  4. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

just a another day, whatever I fancy in the morning
  5. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

Normally we have a super early start being in yorkshire 4th section, so i start the day with a can of RockStar energy drink or something similar just to keep me going so i dont fall back asleep on the bus
  6. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

and as quickly as possible, there really should be a bar available as you come of stage
  7. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

No coffee or tea. That is hard but was a tip from Mr Doyle and I`ve used it ever since.
  8. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

My ritual is to slag off the contest secretary regardless of draw.
  9. Queenie

Queenie Member

I remember being told off for having energy drinks before going on stage. Sends you up then down, not good for stamina and concentration really.

And I don't know whether I'm just odd but the day of a contest I struggle to eat anything if I'm playing in the morning and only have half a sandwich if it's afternoon/evening..... plenty of water that's all
  10. feelyon

feelyon New Member

I like playing on an empty stomach so that it can't churn with nerves:p
  11. nethers

nethers Active Member

A fork-melting curry the night before - the chilli residue on the lips in the morning will stimulate blood-flow, and worrying about the inevitable mad dash to the loo (to release a flock of seagulls) will distract you from nerves and focus the mind.

If you can stomach a breakfast, you're doing it wrong.
  12. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Or if you can't you're under-prepared and are doing it wrong?

I have whatever I fancy, normally bacon butties on the bus, then all I eat till I've played is a mars bar and I keep a bottle of fanta fruit twist if I need to drink. Keeps the blood sugar up without energy drink rushes and keeps hunger at bay enough without getting bloated after a meal. Then booze and proper food after. :clap:
  13. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

I do this as well!!!!! Glad i'm not the only one! :clap:
  14. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

Same! I won't eat if it's early draw.. But if it's later in the day will have brekkie and then eat before the drinking commences!!!

I have the same socks.. (obviously cleaned after every contest) but only ever the same ones!! I remember my good (guy) friend in the band who left always believed in a PCP!! - Pre contest poo!!! haha
  15. 4thmandown

4thmandown Member

Don't have time for anything, with a 3 year old and a six month old. It's more a case of getting them sorted out for the day first!
  16. Laserbeam bass

Doubt there will be time for breakfast if either of our bands draw number 1 on Saturday :confused:
  17. Laserbeam bass

I used to do it when it was our EEb bass player at 6'9" and 22 stone. I have sinced stopped as it is now a 1st Horn playing young lady, who would probably take offence.
  18. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

The bar at Stevenage opens at 8.30am. To my discredit, I have started a contest with a pint of Murphy's. It was a long day!
  19. nethers

nethers Active Member

Big weekend over, which rituals worked then?
  20. worzel

worzel Member

I always have a proper drink before playing. But as we went to Harrogate on Friday night, and they have a 24 bar, I thought I might have over done it a bit this time. But in the end I thought I played as well as I could have, so maybe the system works. If, in the period between the draw and playing, when awake, you're focused on just how much to drink and when in order to stave off the throbbing head and yet not pass out again you can attain a zen like tranquillity by the time you get on stage, if you get the timing right.