Conn Bass Trombone Sought

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by LongmodelF, Dec 27, 2010.

1. LongmodelF

LongmodelF New Member

I am looking for a Conn bass trombone (double trigger) in good condition. Does anyone have one they wish to sell? Please post here or PM me at
  2. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Can you be more specific cos I know a man who has a 62 HCL going......
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  3. LongmodelF

LongmodelF New Member

Thanks for your response. I am looking for a good condition 62HI or a 62H.
    Better still a 73H in good condition.
    The 62HCL sounds interesting. I assume this is a 62 with Lindberg rotary valves.
    Can you PM me with more info regarding condition, spec and price?

4. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

I'm thinking it might be? In fact I know it is. I do sometimes pay attention when he talks trombone......:rolleyes:

He bought it new a couple of years back but it wasn't really his bag so he's selling it on. There's a thread here with as much info as you might need. PM him or me if you're interested.

And if you read further down he's open to sensible offers.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  5. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

John, I've emailed you.
  6. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

Therer is an Elkhart 73H on ebay!
  7. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

how do you (financially stable) people decide what to play?

for years I played on the bands single plug Yamaha bass trom, then I thought the double plug Weril was soooooo much better.

Now I am playing on a Sovereign with double haggmann valves (wow, welcome to anew world of pain trying to keep it filled).

So how do you guys lucky enough to try so many different instruments decide on what is best for you?
  8. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

You don't have to be wealthy or lucky to try things out (I bet you earn more than I do!) - just put yourself in places where you can experiment - drop in at dealers that carry a range to try without buying (e.g. Phil Parker's), or join the British Trombone Society - attending one of their days brings you into contact with lots of people who will be only too pleased to let you toot on their bone.

You can also get a lot of great information through lurking aroun€d on, where a lot of supertrombonegeeks spend time. Just filter out the American schoolkids who want to tell everyone about their 5 octave range...
  9. BTMbred

BTMbred New Member

I have 2 73h troms, one Elkhart and an Abeline. I've sent an email.
    Send me a pm.