Conn 8H Wanted

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by craigster, May 12, 2004.

1. craigster

craigster Member

I am trying to get my hands on a used Conn 8H trombone. It does not have to be an Elkhart.

I am looking to pay about $1000 Canadian, so it may be easiest if you are located in North America. I would also look at purchasing from the UK if the price was right.

If you want to send me an email, please use csltrb@hotmail.com

Thanks,
    Craig Lewis
    Canadian Staff Band

2. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

Craig, John Myatt Woodwind and Brass have a s/h 8H at the moment.
    Unfortunately, it is out of your price range at £999.
    http://www.myatt.co.uk/sh_brass.pdf
    I'll keep a look out as I got a decent 8H for a pupil of mine from Myatts some years ago for £350!
    There have been some 8Hs/88Hs on Ebay here in the UK including the occasional Elkhart.
    Again, I'll keep a look out for you.

3. Razor

Razor Member

Craig

You may have already checked it out but if not it would be worth having a look at the classifieds on the 'Online Trombone Journal' website.

Always a broad range of 2nd hand bones for sale on there plus you may find that you can pick one up closer to you and save on shipping costs etc.

http://trombone.org/classifieds/instruments.asp

4. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Nice one, Ray.

Craig, check these out;

For Sale: Conn 8H
    Conn 8H, This instrument is in excellent condition. Response is open and even throughout with a warm and colorful sound. Six years old. Asking $1100, obo. Pictures upon request.

For Sale: Conn 8HT
    Conn 8HT with SL6262 slide looking to sell for $900 obo. The horn is about five months old and hasn't been played in over two months. There are absolutely no dents or scratches. It comes with a case and three leadpipes. E-mail for more questions.

5. craigster

craigster Member

You guys are good! Nice to have this little facility to get quick answers, hints and help. (and from a Brit and a Scot that I have actually met in person!)

Thanks again for the links. I will check them all out.

Craig

Razor - was actually listening to your Govan CD in the car today - still a gerat Song of the Eternal!

6. Razor

Razor Member

No problem Craig, glad to be able to help. Hope you get something sorted out.

Thanks. It is a fantastic piece of writing, one of my favourite SA works both to listen to and play.

PS: Was looking at the photos of the recent CSB recording session on the website- You're obviously a more talented player than I realised!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. craigster

craigster Member

Razor - Thanks for noticing the pictures on the website. It is kind of ironic that there is a picture there of me as prinicpal everything, except what I really am.

Anyway, some good fun in the midst of some hard work.