Conn 88H Elkhart 1955

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Spanky Rear, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Spanky Rear

Spanky Rear Member

A young friend of mine is thinking of selling his classic trombone. It looks nothing,rather tatty in fact, but plays superbly and has a nearly new Myatt case. What should he ask for it?
    Spanky

2. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

If I was a trombone player and had one of those, I doubt if I'd ever sell it! They are absolute classic instruments and still favoured by many orchestral trombonists. I know that Dudley Bright has several Elkharts (8H and 88H) although he sold one of his 88Hs last year.
    However, your friend is intent on selling it I think just the fact that you have made this posting on tMP will arouse some serious interest.

3. Bones

Bones Member

If only I had the money, or the wife who would let me buy it.

I have an Elhart 8H but the slide has gone, and I could not find another Elkhart for love nor money, so all my cash went on a Rath to try and get as close a match as the Elkhart.

If he is serious about selling, it will be around the £800 to a £1000 mark as a starting price. Non Elkharts are around the £600 upwards. But the Elkharts always attract that slightly higher price.

Cheers

Rich

4. mercury

mercury New Member

Conn Elkhart 88H 1962

Hello:

i have a Conn Elkhart 88H made in 1962.
    my email is pardos12385@hotmail.com
    i have photos for you
    thanks

5. alangiff3

alangiff3 Member

Woah I would so love one of these, I have a normal 88H but its nothing compared to an Elkhart, I defiantly agree with Rich Walker on the £800-£1000 starting price.

6. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

IMHO...advice....DO NOT SELL he will regret it and spend the rest of his playing days trying to find one that plays as well!!

7. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Advice is probably a bit too late - look at the date on the original post!

8. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

D'oh!!!...it came up as new obviously triggered by mercury's post!