Congratulations to Uppermill Band.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Frontman, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Frontman

Frontman Member

May I, convey my sincere congratulations to the players and members of the Uppermill Band. The reason for this is because, according to 4 bars rest, the band is currently placed 18th in the prizewinners money list.

This in itself is a tremendous achievement, but it is even more than that when you realise that the Uppermill Band from Saddleworth, is a 4th section band in the North West Brass Band Association. Not only has this years’ 4th Section victory at the Pontins Brass Band Championships boosted their position but it clearly highlights what a very fine achievement this is. A huge amount of praise for this achievement must go to their Musical Director and they are very fortunate to have one of the best in the business, he is the very talented and experienced Alan Widdop.

I know Alan personally, and know of all the hours of sweat and toil that he has put in with this band. It is very similar to the effort which he put into the Marsden Band, they being the band which he took from the 4th Section to the Championship Section in the 14 years he was with them. That is typical of Alans grit and determination and I expect him to once again make every effort to emulate the same achievement.

When you look at the list and the big name bands which are listed, this means so much more to them than just a money list. With the likes of Flixton Band and Oldham Band (Lees), two extremely successful lower section bands behind them on the list, they can hold their heads high in the ‘Brass Band World’ and be incredibly proud of what they have achieved.

I wonder where they would have finished if they would have won the Fourth Section National Final as 4 Bars Rest predicted.

Once again many congratulations to you all.

David W Ashworth.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Flixton Band
    Alan Widdop
    Uppermill Band
    Championship Section
    Oldham Band
  3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Yep, they've certainly had a good year. Well done Uppermill! :clap:

4. History Girl

History Girl New Member

Many thanks for your good wishes and support, we at Uppermill are very proud of our achievements this year, which is all down to the hard work and commitment put in by the players and without doubt the excellent commitment and encouragement of our MD Alan Widdop. Yes, we are very lucky to have him with us and take this opportunity to thank him once again for everything.