Congratulations JonP and Staines

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Pauli Walnuts, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations JonP on your appointment at Staines.

2. JonP

JonP Member

Cheers Pauli. Good times ahead!

:)

3. Pauli Walnuts

It would be good to have another band to give Friary a run for their money - best of luck with your career outside of the RAF!

4. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Wantage ran them close last year, and didn't do too badly at the finals.

dont count guise chickens too quickly!

5. Pauli Walnuts

Not a bad result Jon - maybe next year both Staines & Friary as the top dogs in L&SC?

6. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

I echo Pauli's thoughts, well done

7. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

What's with this moderator-led bias towards 2 London Area bands ?

Especially the one led by the ex tMP enfant terrible.

What would theMusicMan say if he were still alive ?

Baffled Bob

8. Pauli Walnuts

Time for your meds Bob - Being pleased to see 2 London bands being at the top of the London and Southern Counties Region is perfectly normal for someone who also supports a London football team and worked there for many years. And as waiting for a band from my home county of Sussex to qualify in the Championship section is as likely as my beloved Hammers winning the Champions League, one must spread the good wishes around.
    Mods are allowed opinions too - but I will check that with The Music Man during our weekly seance tonight. He sends his best wishes from the other side btw.

9. leginald

leginald New Member

I hate to be pedantic, but shouldn't the emphasis be on the Sounthern Counties rather than the London? Staines and Guildford are in Surrey..

10. Pauli Walnuts

Pedantically true of course - I was led down the garden path on this one by our pearly friend who sadly, hasn't gone far out of town since his bladder operation and may not remember where those 2 place are. Of course, Staines does border Heathrow Airport which is also called London Heathrow so an easy mistake to make. Add the word Area aftre London in my post and we become correct again.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    JonP
    Staines
    Staines Congratulations JonP
    appointment